Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to validate-websites please

Cheap flights to validate-websites please

Old Oct 11th 2002, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap flights to validate-websites please

Originally posted by micky:
hi all, going to validate visas, hopefully early April 2003. Can anyone suggest websites for cheap/reasonable flight prices.
Have checked 'google' for glasgow to perth.
Would appreciate if anyone has good websites to check out.

p.s. Does anyone have any room for a family of 6 (37,35,14,12,6 and 2).

Naaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh didnae think so!
Shona & Michael x
Hello Shona,

Good to hear from you again. So you've decided to validate. Good on you. Costly for a family of six but at least then you get a chance to make up your mind.

We had a look around the usual websites but unfortunately didn't have the luxury of having all that cash at once. We went with Thomas Cook believe it or not. We're flying Quantas at the begining of June (low season fares). For two adults and two children return flights came to around £2500. (Just to pay for the blasted things now!!) We could have got cheaper flights with Emirates (about £500 cheaper) but the flight had a few changes and 7.45 hrs overnight in Dubi Airport. Nah! Even by the time we got off the plane into the hotel and settle the kids it would be time to get back on again!

Good luck

Ginny x.x.
Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:07 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Yvonne, is that 1 way or return ?
Shonaxxx
Alot of these websites dont accommodate a family of 6 unfortunately.
Got a fare of £38500 for us all from Glasgow..Emirates.
Any comment on this airline????
Shonaxxx
We flew Emirates for our 'Recce trip to Perth last month & I would thoroughly reccomend them.

Multinational cabin crew but apparently the pilots are usually British, Aussies, South Africans or American.

Very modern Aircraft, lots of leg room, T.V. screens in the seat in front (including a reminder of the direction of Mecca every so often).

Non-smoking, free booze.

I'ts also the fewest amount of hours in the air to Australia and last but not least, flying an Arab airline means it's highly unlikely a crazed Arab will try to blow it up.

Having said that, if there is any strife in the Middle East could you really trust the Yanks not to shoot it down by mistake? like that Iranian plane a few years back.
Old Oct 19th 2002, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by micky:
hi all, going to validate visas, hopefully early April 2003. Can anyone suggest websites for cheap/reasonable flight prices.

I have been told by OZ House in London that if I go to validate my visa (both kids on my passport) that it will be ok to do this without taking the kids over.
My initial entry date is April 2003 spouse sponsered/class bc p640 sub class 100.

I thought that everyone on the visa had to go, but Oz House told me this would be OK.

Anyone know any different.

Sue
Old Oct 19th 2002, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by sue5665:

I have been told by OZ House in London that if I go to validate my visa (both kids on my passport) that it will be ok to do this without taking the kids over.
My initial entry date is April 2003 spouse sponsered/class bc p640 sub class 100.

I thought that everyone on the visa had to go, but Oz House told me this would be OK.

Did you say that 2 of your kids are on your passport ? How does this effect them having their own visa ? MY daughter is still on my passport but I was about to send off for her own as I thought they all needed separate ones.

We flew Emirates and they were fantastic, we are both around the 6ft mark and had loads of legroom, plus the journey was 7 hrs then 7hrs then7hrs so it went quite quickly.

goog luck

Tina

Sue
Old Oct 21st 2002, 1:50 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by sue5665:

Sue
Try home exchange sites this is great way to get a cheap holiday , do not feel your home has to be perfect people want location not show homes.Good Luck