Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Flights From Costa Rica To Australia... Are There Any?

Cheap Flights From Costa Rica To Australia... Are There Any?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

ian27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Flights From Costa Rica To Australia... Are There Any?

Hey guys,

Well, I have finally finished my job here in Costa Rica, and so I am finally free to move permanently to Australia. I must be in Australia by the first week of April as that is when my residency visa expires. Does anybody know where I can purchase a cheap flight from San Jose, Costa Rica, to Brisbane, Australia? I have been looking on the Internet and so far Expedia seem to be the cheapest at around £850-£900, but I was hoping to find one for about £700 so that I can pay for it this week and not have to wait any longer. I would like to leave here in March.

So any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Ian
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:17 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Flights From Costa Rica To Australia... Are There Any?

Book this one as 2 separate flights.....trying to book SJO - BNE on one ticket will rule out a lot of options as different airlines fares cannot be combined.

e.g. 26/3 SJO - LAX GBP95 on Spirit Airlines
then 28/3 LAX - BNE GBP406 on Air Pacific (via Fiji)

Total GBP501.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Awesome BCWorld... Thank you so much...

How did you find this information?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:10 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian27
Awesome BCWorld... Thank you so much...

How did you find this information?
Hi Ian,

I have access to some travel agent tools that allow very flexible searches without having to specify exact travel dates etc. Any travel agent should be able to see and offer options like this but maybe sometimes they are just a bit lazy and dont investigate all the options. Internet based sites will never offer you an itinerary booked over 2 separate tickets.

If you do book on separate tickets you need to ensure that you don't have any tight connections, especially at airports like LAX as if you miss your onward connection the first airline has no obligation to help you out.

One good thing about your routing is that you will get the 46kg baggage allowance.

Cheers, B
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

That's really great!

So yes, it is probably a good idea that I leave a day or two between the flights so that I don't hit any problems with connections...

Thank you again... You have certainly helped me with this one...

Ian
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

By looking at American Airlines I found this fare on the 15th March. If you go one airline and book directly you don't have to worry about checking bags twice or any of the assorted crap like security again when you get to LA.

You can also do a direct search of United Airlines, which fly from US to Australia. I'm sure they also go to Costa Rica.