Cheap flights ?

Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

GTFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cheap flights ?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of which companies they managed to get cheap flights to Perth with, looking at travelling in Feb.

Cheers Sean
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Cheap flights ?

Originally Posted by GTFC
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of which companies they managed to get cheap flights to Perth with, looking at travelling in Feb.

Cheers Sean
http://www.travelmood.com/default/default.asp
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers Sean
Ive been pricing for Jan., cheepest Ive seen is flying with emirates but booking through ASDA.... http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/flightonly.html
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Hi,

Cheers Sean
Hi Sean

Asda were the cheapest for us flying in april Glasgow to Perth followed by
e-bookers. There is also Trailfinders, Expedia, Austravel and Emirates themselves are also fairly competitive.

Hope this helps.

Nikki
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:36 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers Sean
Not always the cheapest, but give you a good idea of prices of main airlines
www.travelsupermarket.co.uk
Good luck,
J x
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

THanks for that, just checked out prices at Asda for November and for 5 of us one way its £1758.93 with Cathay Pacific which is excellent, especially when I went directly to the Cathay Pacific website and it came to £5,409 or something like that :scared:

Apparently Cathay Pacific are one of the best, somebody might correct me on that, its just what I read on

www.simplyquick.com

Anybody had any experience with them? Also, Singapore Airlines are coming up the cheapest on Asda too, but that was £2000 for 5 of us.

I think the Cathay fares are a promotion.

Cheers
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

www.Austravel.com
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

minimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by john_w
Ive been pricing for Jan., cheepest Ive seen is flying with emirates but booking through ASDA.... http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/flightonly.html

I'm getting good quotes on single trip to MEL from LHR via HKG (for a few hours) on Cathay from the asda website, but if I use multileg to enforce a stopover of a few days in HKG the cheap fare disappears and it gets silly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a telephone number you can call.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

We just booked direct with emirates (gatwick - perth, melbourne - gatwick), they seem to have some web only offer on, we are traveling march for easter and got 3 tickets for £1800, that was £200 cheaper than the cheapest i could find using any agents, even trailfinders told me they could get no where near that price.

Robert
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

We have just booked one way with C/Pacific in business class 6,170.00. Boy am I going to enjoy this one!. That was through Austravel as well.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

jonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant futurejonsm has a brilliant future

hi guys

i dont think there is much in it to be honest , but what i would say is once your happy with a price go for it , not like us. We pondered for a day to see if we could find it cheaper, and the flights went up by £600 in a day.

jon
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

Originally Posted by minimal
I'm getting good quotes on single trip to MEL from LHR via HKG (for a few hours) on Cathay from the asda website, but if I use multileg to enforce a stopover of a few days in HKG the cheap fare disappears and it gets silly. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a telephone number you can call.

I have spoken to Asda and they said that we can't get the 40kg luggage allowance with that cheap fare with Cathay as it is a special price. She said the fare with Cathay that does allow 40kg for migrants is over £5000 so we'll probably go with Singapore although I am very tempted to try Cathay at such a good price.

Just thought I'd mention this, because it's highly unlikely they will allow stopovers either on these discounted fares. I phoned Asda Travel which is
0845 3666970 if you wanted to check. Also, you'd better hurry as those cheap seats are going fast because they only have a very small number of seats to sell so cheaply.

Good luck
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

minimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Poppy
I have spoken to Asda and they said that we can't get the 40kg luggage allowance with that cheap fare with Cathay as it is a special price. She said the fare with Cathay that does allow 40kg for migrants is over £5000 so we'll probably go with Singapore although I am very tempted to try Cathay at such a good price.

Just thought I'd mention this, because it's highly unlikely they will allow stopovers either on these discounted fares. I phoned Asda Travel which is
0845 3666970 if you wanted to check. Also, you'd better hurry as those cheap seats are going fast because they only have a very small number of seats to sell so cheaply.

Good luck
Thanks for that info Poppy, I'm in a quandary - I want to book but we are still a few days from exchanging on our house & i don't want to commit to the tickets until the buyers have signed!! just in case they pull out or try to drop their offer at the last minute Arghhh!!! Stupid bloody process.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

would you not be better to go with cathy and pay excess bagage then if the price is so good?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
would you not be better to go with cathy and pay excess bagage then if the price is so good?
I've just had look at Singapore Air and they are offering one way to Adelaide at £468 in November which is so cheap. (I've probably red it wrong!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.