Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Wikiposts

Cheap Airfare Quotes and Airlines

Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who seriously wants to scare themselves.....

http://www.airdisaster.com/index.shtml

:scared:
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

CHEAP FLIGHTS INFO-
SORRY ITS A C & P but thought it might help someone?:-))

Best Flights website
Have a look at www.bestflights.com.au. The website and weekly newsletter always have fantastic specials and you should be able to find a reasonably priced fare. Don't pay upwards of $2700 when there are current specials beginning at $1200 return to the UK.

Last minute flights and accommodation
Lastminute.com.au is a website which finds cheap flights and accommodation wherever you wish to travel. By changing departure and arrival dates by a few days you can save almost $1000 on a fare to London.

You can also search for discounted accommodation, as some hotels would rather sell their rooms for a discounted rate at the last minute than leave them empty. You can pick up bargain holiday accommodation, and sometimes even luxury rooms, for up to 70 percent discount.

Travel overseas as a courier
By far the cheapest way to travel overseas is by doing a courier flight. There is only one company in Australia that runs courier flights to the United Kingdom - Jupiter Air Oceania, which is an associate company of two of the world's largest airlines, Qantas and Japan Airlines.

You can only book the flight something like 6-12 weeks before you want to leave and it will involve travelling with a VIP document that you must drop off to a destination in the country. Most of the time you can tell them when you would like to return home. For more information, go to (www.jupiterair.com.au/obc.htm).

All flights originate from Sydney, but there may be out-flights from Melbourne. There is one seat available a day, except Sundays. On Fridays you can stay a night in Tokyo for free. Prices vary according to the month of travel. Return flights cost from $1190 to $1690. One-way costs $700 to $950 including all taxes.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

just seen this thread.

Lucy, havent flown with them yet. Got some prices last week from Flight Centre, specifically asked for flights on Eva Air, were told no seats available, ended up with $7970 2A/2C with Qantas & Air France from Sing to Paris & then London, werent really happy with the dates, but they insisted that they were the only dates available on all the airlines they tried. After some digging around have found that Flight centre were lying out their arses, about lots of things including the dates & airlines being booked up & the taxes. They were trying to charge us $500 EACH/adult for taxes. Have now booked flights with Eva Air in their Evergreen Deluxe class (economy plus class from Taipei to London which is what we originally tried to get from Flight Centre), for $800 less than Flight Centre wanted to charge us for economy all the way to the UK on Air France & Qantas & exactly the dates we wanted in the first place. .

Rudi - sorry not much help to you I suppose, but I will let you all know what the trip is like with them when we get back .

Best Flights have some excellent deals, have never actually booked with them though, so dont know how good their service is. We used Zuji, would highly recommend them. Very helpful staff, even called Taipei for me, held seats etc until they could verify some info & excellent website which actuallly shows you if you can get the seat on the flight at the price quoted.

www.zuji.com.au
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:38 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pollyana
For anyone who seriously wants to scare themselves.....

http://www.airdisaster.com/index.shtml

I wish I hadnt looked!!! Mostly dodgy tinpot airlines though!! Im only just getting over my fear or flying so wont be looking at that again!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:46 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
just seen this thread.

Lucy, havent flown with them yet. Got some prices last week from Flight Centre, specifically asked for flights on Eva Air, were told no seats available, ended up with $7970 2A/2C with Qantas & Air France from Sing to Paris & then London, werent really happy with the dates, but they insisted that they were the only dates available on all the airlines they tried. After some digging around have found that Flight centre were lying out their arses, about lots of things including the dates & airlines being booked up & the taxes. They were trying to charge us $500 EACH/adult for taxes. Have now booked flights with Eva Air in their Evergreen Deluxe class (economy plus class from Taipei to London which is what we originally tried to get from Flight Centre), for $800 less than Flight Centre wanted to charge us for economy all the way to the UK on Air France & Qantas & exactly the dates we wanted in the first place. .

Rudi - sorry not much help to you I suppose, but I will let you all know what the trip is like with them when we get back .

Best Flights have some excellent deals, have never actually booked with them though, so dont know how good their service is. We used Zuji, would highly recommend them. Very helpful staff, even called Taipei for me, held seats etc until they could verify some info & excellent website which actuallly shows you if you can get the seat on the flight at the price quoted.

www.zuji.com.au
Just goes to show what you can achieve by shopping around. Recomendations like this are like golddust!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:10 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Siren
I have found that when looking for prices on air travel on the internet is way more expensive than what you can get at a travel agent. I would strongly advise anyone traveling to go the a Travel agent. ( and no i dont work for a Travel Agent)

Siren's b/h
Give Thomas Cook a whirl. I've just booked flights for our Oct / Nov recce (returns sadly ) at £660 all-in Manchester - Dubai - Singapore - Brisbane with Emirates.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:45 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lucyb

I wish I hadnt looked!!! Mostly dodgy tinpot airlines though!! Im only just getting over my fear or flying so wont be looking at that again!
Im not even game to look :scared: .

I dont do flying very well either, despite having done quite a bit of it
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Not related to Rudis question, but we also managed to book flights to Italy from the UK, could have booked into Milan for 99p ( :scared: :scared: :scared: ), but we didnt really want to go there, so that wasnt much use . So we ended up booking flights into Rome & then out of Venice a week later for £3.99 each way + taxes with RyanAir. All up it cost us just over $300 for the flights.

Bloody good deal I thought!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

RyanAir
Alex says Huh, he doesn't care, slum it if you like, but you won't get an upgrade or free champers on Ryanair!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Pollyana
Alex says Huh, he doesn't care, slum it if you like, but you won't get an upgrade or free champers on Ryanair!!!!
LOL Alex, I still love you, dont really expect an upgrade for £3.99 anyway even if they had another class , tell him he needs to jet his way over on his superliner with his caviar & champers & spend a few days with us in Rome .
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:03 am
Home and Happy

You never know, thats just the sort of thing he might do!

Nothing that kid does surprises me anymore. He has had to put his cat on a diet this week cos it is too fat for the cat-flap. Then he left for a flight, thought his night-stop bag was a bit heavy, and found said cat inside it :scared: Nearly had a stowaway flying to Amsterdam!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:07 am
Rocket Scientist

You never know, thats just the sort of thing he might do!

Nothing that kid does surprises me anymore. He has had to put his cat on a diet this week cos it is too fat for the cat-flap. Then he left for a flight, thought his night-stop bag was a bit heavy, and found said cat inside it :scared: Nearly had a stowaway flying to Amsterdam!
LOL well if his bag went there & back the cat probably wouldnt have got fed unless he found a supermarket in Amsterdam, could have helped the diet
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:11 am
Home and Happy

Very nice cheese shop in Amsterdam, right next to the night-stop hotel........I remember going over with one small holdall, and coming back with two holdalls and 3 carrier bags....oooooh the memories of that lovely cheese
He probably would have let the cat out on the flight deck - could have made landing interesting!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Very nice cheese shop in Amsterdam, right next to the night-stop hotel........I remember going over with one small holdall, and coming back with two holdalls and 3 carrier bags....oooooh the memories of that lovely cheese
He probably would have let the cat out on the flight deck - could have made landing interesting!!!
Should have tried that Deli at new Farm we went to, I was happy coming back with a whole bag full of goodies .

Hmm wonder if the crew on Eva Air own cats? :scared: LOL

Has he heard any horror stories about Eva, do you know?

(sorry rudi, forgive me pleeeease for I have sinned & dragged your thread offtopic! :scared: )
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:26 am
Home and Happy

Hoping that MrsD has now gone to bed, I might sneak this pic onto the site, taken earlier this year at Heathrow......

Flight had been delayed overnight due to hydraulic problems and when it was towed off to a remote stand in the early hours of the morning, the tug team forgot to put the pin in the gear which caused its collapse.
:scared: :scared:

PS HAve just scoured pilots forum and they actually seem to be a good airline to work for, pilots and cabin crew, so that a plus point!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 5th 2007 at 10:16 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.