Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

chasing application (11 weeks)

chasing application (11 weeks)

Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:36 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default chasing application (11 weeks)

Hi everyone, how many of us are there exactly who are still waiting on meds and pcc to be requested??? its been 11 weeks since our visa app was submitted and still heard nothing. Feel like email ASPC to ask for progress report but they advise not to do this as slows the process up! Will I get smacked wrist if I do anyway..this wait is driving me mad! Bridie if you read this have you chased your or are you just a very patient person?

Cheers everyone
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chasing application (11 weeks)

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi everyone, how many of us are there exactly who are still waiting on meds and pcc to be requested??? its been 11 weeks since our visa app was submitted and still heard nothing. Feel like email ASPC to ask for progress report but they advise not to do this as slows the process up! Will I get smacked wrist if I do anyway..this wait is driving me mad! Bridie if you read this have you chased your or are you just a very patient person?

Cheers everyone

You can very safely ring DIMIA enquiry line (not the dob in line, that'll cause all sorts of problems) they will tell you if there is a case officer assigned and if you ask real politely they might tell you their email address & name. They did for us.

Good luck, horrible waiting!.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:46 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers everyone
Try and be patient ... going by other peoples timelines (and I have checked loads) the meds & pc requests come at around 3 months after application has gone in. I have booked our meds for August 24th and hope request comes at around same time.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:00 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dawn

It's 14 weeks for us in a couple of days and still not a dicky bird from DIMIA!!!!

I'm going to try and hold off contacting them for a while yet, but it's frustrating I agree.....

Will send you some k (if I can!) to help
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Cheers everyone
Please don't be offended but for god sake chill out. This process is slow enough without people who have only been waiting 5 mins wanting to have a chin wag with their CO.

Sorry to grumble but pissed off with the waiting at the mo.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by longreach
Please don't be offended but for god sake chill out. This process is slow enough without people who have only been waiting 5 mins wanting to have a chin wag with their CO.

Sorry to grumble but pissed off with the waiting at the mo.
How long has it been for you?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Oakie will become famous soon enoughOakie will become famous soon enough

13 weeks and (quietly) counting, but its okay - Im enjoying my last english summer.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
How long has it been for you?
14 Months
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:15 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

14 Months
Oh you poor sod Sending you some visa granting karma
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
What Anne said!!!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks We actually started before this. If my memory serves me correctly, we applied for our skills assessment in September ish 2003!!! The visa application was sent May 2004... and the clock keeps ticking.

How long has it been for you?? The visa application that is
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:22 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Thanks We actually started before this. If my memory serves me correctly, we applied for our skills assessment in September ish 2003!!! The visa application was sent May 2004... and the clock keeps ticking.

How long has it been for you?? The visa application that is
Don't worry, I'm not an impatient grumbler. We only put our application in on 14th June this year, 136 skilled independent. Although we are a bit impatient - have sent meds and police checks see my timeline

Really hope you hear something soon. Must be a real bummer seeing all the post Julyers getting them and then flying out as well.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:26 pm

I'm impatient but try not to dwell on it, in fact I've not been too bad until this last couple of weeks, just seems to have dragged on a bit...!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:29 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: chasing application (11 weeks)

Wasnt meaning to sound impatient,,,,,i can assure you it has been a very long process for us...3 and a half years to be precise. That was since we decided, to finding out all the info, to getting a good agent, then the director left, TRA turned us down! It all had to be done again with the help of our agent thank goodness and TRA accepted us. Now were just waiting. Think im doing pretty well myself but appreciate your comments.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry, I'm not an impatient grumbler. We only put our application in on 14th June this year, 136 skilled independent. Although we are a bit impatient - have sent meds and police checks see my timeline

Really hope you hear something soon. Must be a real bummer seeing all the post Julyers getting them and then flying out as well.
Cheers. It can get a little bit frustraiting seeing those got its winging there way to those post Julyers... but at the same time I am pleased for them. It's not their fault after all!! The problem is I am running out of walls to bang my head against

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.