British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Charter for this newsgroup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/charter-newsgroup-107184/)

Alan Collett Sep 2nd 2002 2:46 pm

Charter for this newsgroup

Since we have of late a number of postings on this newsgroup that are (it seems) designed to antagonise those who are migrating to Australia I thought it as well to track down and post here the newsgroup's charter:

misc.immigration.australia+nz is an unmoderated newsgroup which passed its vote for creation by 140:23 as reported in news.announce.newgroups on 4 Dec 1996.

For your newsgroups file:
misc.immigration.australia+nz
Migration forum for Australia and New Zealand.

The charter, culled from the vote result announcement:

The group addresses:

1. Pending immigrants (definition: persons who are planning their immigration to Australia/New Zealand but still live overseas) to Australia seeking advice, employment and a new residence in Australia/New Zealand, also for exchanging views and news on current immigration regulations.

2. Australian/New Zealand recruitment agencies, private companies/businesses, government employment services, universities etc. who wish to post job offers; real estate agents and private home sellers; all Australian/New Zealand residents who wish to respond to queries posted by a pending immigrant. As most job offers posted to already existing groups address residents of the same country (no sponsorship required) job offers posted to this new group shall specifically address overseas migrants.

3. The readership and the purpose of this unmoderated group being clearly defined above, we hope that common sense will prevail and that no messages that are irrevelant to migrants will be posted to this group.

Without mentioning any names I hope the above clarifies the purpose for which this newsgroup was set up, and will be borne in mind in the future.

Best regards.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk
Offices in Southampton, England; Perth, Australia; and Melbourne, Australia

Grub Sep 2nd 2002 2:48 pm

Re: Charter for this newsgroup

Thank you for that Alan- always nice to have facts to back up expletives. I somehow doubt it will stop them but here's hoping.........

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Since we have of late a number of postings on this newsgroup that are (it seems) designed to antagonise those who are migrating to Australia I thought it as well to track down and post here the newsgroup's charter:

misc.immigration.australia+nz is an unmoderated newsgroup which passed its vote for creation by 140:23 as reported in news.announce.newgroups on 4 Dec 1996.

The group addresses:

1. Pending immigrants (definition: persons who are planning their immigration to Australia/New Zealand but still live overseas) to Australia seeking advice, employment and a new residence in Australia/New Zealand, also for exchanging views and news on current immigration regulations.

2. Australian/New Zealand recruitment agencies, private companies/businesses, government employment services, universities etc. who wish to post job offers; real estate agents and private home sellers; all Australian/New Zealand residents who wish to respond to queries posted by a pending immigrant. As most job offers posted to already existing groups address residents of the same country (no sponsorship required) job offers posted to this new group shall specifically address overseas migrants.

3. The readership and the purpose of this unmoderated group being clearly defined above, we hope that common sense will prevail and that no messages that are irrevelant to migrants will be posted to this group.

Without mentioning any names I hope the above clarifies the purpose for which this newsgroup was set up, and will be borne in mind in the future.

Best regards.

Alan Collett

Juls Sep 2nd 2002 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Alan Collett:

The group addresses:

Best regards.

Alan Collett
Well said Alan,

Hope this puts 'em straight
Regards Julie
(Adelaide by April 2003)

shaun/lor Sep 2nd 2002 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Juls:

Well said Alan,

Hope this puts 'em straight
Regards Julie
(Adelaide by April 2003)
see now i wish i hadnt replied to them idiots
shaun xx

baldbutts Sep 2nd 2002 4:58 pm

we hope that common sense will prevail and that no messages that are irrevelant to migrants will be posted to this group.

Uh oh, looks like me & Tipper are out of a job

sophia Sep 2nd 2002 5:55 pm

Originally posted by baldbutts:

Uh oh, looks like me & Tipper are out of a job
NO WAY!!! you might be irreverent but you do a good job of keeping potential migrants sane (or not!) so I think that you and Tipper can definitely be excused on this one :)

I'd just like to say Alan it's great that you've managed to dig this up. I used to use a site before called OneStopWA and people like PB (who I actually suspect as one of the culprits, but of course I have no proof...just pure conjecture, but hey, if the cap fits ;)) really dragged the site down to a point where the people that ran it had to close it down and reopen it as FlyingCompass and introduce a registration fee....I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen to this site as it's a valuable source of information for planning and gathering information for moving to oz/nz.

Plus, if we just ignore any posts made maybe he'll go off and get his rocks off somewhere else...perhaps p*ssing on some other losers fire??? Perhaps the site Returning to the UK could become a reality for them?

love sophia xx

pommie bastard Sep 2nd 2002 11:50 pm

Originally posted by sophia:

NO WAY!!! you might be irreverent but you do a good job of keeping potential migrants sane (or not!) so I think that you and Tipper can definitely be excused on this one :)

I'd just like to say Alan it's great that you've managed to dig this up. I used to use a site before called OneStopWA and people like PB (who I actually suspect as one of the culprits, but of course I have no proof...just pure conjecture, but hey, if the cap fits ;)) really dragged the site down to a point where the people that ran it had to close it down and reopen it as FlyingCompass and introduce a registration fee....I sincerely hope that this doesn't happen to this site as it's a valuable source of information for planning and gathering information for moving to oz/nz.

Plus, if we just ignore any posts made maybe he'll go off and get his rocks off somewhere else...perhaps p*ssing on some other losers fire??? Perhaps the site Returning to the UK could become a reality for them?

love sophia xx

OH OH dear dreamers only , god you are boring people Australia is a great country for the one eyed come soon loads of you over here.:D :beer:

geehaf Sep 3rd 2002 12:04 am

And?

Geehaf

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

OH OH dear dreamers only , god you are boring people Australia is a great country for the one eyed come soon loads of you over here.:D :beer:

pommie bastard Sep 3rd 2002 12:30 am

Originally posted by geehaf:
And?

Geehaf

Just got soaking wet its pissing down here and cold , hope that weathers worse in UK other wise why would you come?
Top that off with Ive got the bloody flu again , I love it here much bettter than UK.
:D :rolleyes: :beer:

Gibson Sep 3rd 2002 10:36 am

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Just got soaking wet its pissing down here and cold , hope that weathers worse in UK other wise why would you come?
Top that off with Ive got the bloody flu again , I love it here much bettter than UK.
:D :rolleyes: :beer:
Thanks for that Alan, as a possible migrator (still waiting) it has been really off putting of late to read all the negativity on this site. Maybe now it will all stop......here's hoping.

cheers
xxxxx

dpr21 Sep 3rd 2002 11:10 am

I couldn't agree more. There's no doubt that migration is an emotive and subjective issue and that both sides of the story should be told. However, the drivel and constant carping by some participants to this forum is quite off-putting.

For us, Perth is great and depending on personal goals, aspirations and lifestyle choices it may or may not be for others. Pommie Bastard get real (what am I saying?). You're acting like an idiot and you've dragged this forum down to the level of idiotic discussion which of course you'll win because you're so experienced at it. PLEASE LEAVE and as a parting gift you are welcome to have all my UK electrical plugs. For the rest of you apirant Perth visitors/migrants I, and I am sure I speak for a large majority, will be happy to help you with the pros/cons of coming to Perth.

DPR

Gibson Sep 3rd 2002 11:17 am

Originally posted by dpr21:
I couldn't agree more. There's no doubt that migration is an emotive and subjective issue and that both sides of the story should be told. However, the drivel and constant carping by some participants to this forum is quite off-putting.

For us, Perth is great and depending on personal goals, aspirations and lifestyle choices it may or may not be for others. Pommie Bastard get real (what am I saying?). You're acting like an idiot and you've dragged this forum down to the level of idiotic discussion which of course you'll win because you're so experienced at it. PLEASE LEAVE and as a parting gift you are welcome to have all my UK electrical plugs. For the rest of you apirant Perth visitors/migrants I, and I am sure I speak for a large majority, will be happy to help you with the pros/cons of coming to Perth.

DPR
Here here couldn't have said it better myself!! If you ain't got something nice to say don't say anything it at all - it's as simple as that.:)

Sandra Sep 3rd 2002 5:08 pm

Originally posted by dpr21:

DPR
I am picking up on part of your post - ''However, the drivel and constant carping by some participants to this forum is quite off-putting'' - I would put that to all participants in the flame war that goes on - grow up please. Ignore the comments if you want but don't be nasty or swear in response - the less you react the less effect (well I teach my kids the basics of this). There are many many relevant points we can all contribute to. On one other personal point of view, I know a group of you enjoy a chat, but surely the place for this is on the live chat and not information threads. I am following on from the original post about our Charter ''no messages that are irrevelant to migrants will be posted to this group'' Maybe one and all of us can read it again and work out what we can offer. Obviously this is all my own point of view but after so so long of watching (reading) the playground fights I am only interested in information please.

We all have lots to offer - put it forward!
Cheers