Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Character Assessment (form 80) / Criminal Record?

Character Assessment (form 80) / Criminal Record?

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Character Assessment (form 80) / Criminal Record?

Hi There

Could anybody please tell me the difference in the information that is supplied from the criminal record to what is researched in the character assessment? If our criminal record is fine... is there anything that could come in on the character assessment? What do they check?

Thanks!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Character Assessment (form 80) / Criminal Record?

Originally Posted by Teri
Hi There

Could anybody please tell me the difference in the information that is supplied from the criminal record to what is researched in the character assessment? If our criminal record is fine... is there anything that could come in on the character assessment? What do they check?

Thanks!

Soz cant help with this but Can I just add a question to yours (most probably a stupid question)- we are just going through the tick list of documents to send of for a defacto spouse visa - got everything we need apart from one thing - Came across the form 80 on someone elses check list of must haves but cant find anything (or just us not looking hard enough) on the Dima info on what a form 80 is. Do we need this for a defacto spouse application?

Soz if its an "its in front of your nose question" but its been mad the amount of paper work we have done already and getting to that stage where it all starts getting V confusing!

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Emma
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:19 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fuggle
Soz cant help with this but Can I just add a question to yours (most probably a stupid question)- we are just going through the tick list of documents to send of for a defacto spouse visa - got everything we need apart from one thing - Came across the form 80 on someone elses check list of must haves but cant find anything (or just us not looking hard enough) on the Dima info on what a form 80 is. Do we need this for a defacto spouse application?

Soz if its an "its in front of your nose question" but its been mad the amount of paper work we have done already and getting to that stage where it all starts getting V confusing!

Emma
Hi Emma,
Not really sure of the answer, so I'll just bump you back to the top.

Sarah
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There

Thanks!
The background check is basically about whether or not an applicant is a security risk to Australia. It's different in that sense to a simple criminal record check.

Sometimes DIMIA also use form 80 to do their own police checking in countries that don't issue police checks directly.

Jeremy
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fuggle

Emma
Hi Emma. I am not sure of the checklist for your particular visa. Form 80 is for personal particulars which they will use for a character assesment. I would just send it in anyway - if you are not sure - it can't harm.
Here is the link to the form if you need it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Hi Emma. I am not sure of the checklist for your particular visa. Form 80 is for personal particulars which they will use for a character assesment. I would just send it in anyway - if you are not sure - it can't harm.
Here is the link to the form if you need it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Ta Muchly! I'd rather do more paper work then not enough - better to be safer then sorry! .....although I am starting to wonder if you can get envelopes which can take the amount of paper we have accumilated. I just feel sorry for the postman!