Old Jan 6th 2002, 10:44 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 40
angie41 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the Australian Gov web cite
it says that you should provide a police certificate with your application for a PR visa if applying in Aus.
If I get a police certificate then go to Aus on a ETA and apply for a PR in Aus, would this mean I have broken the terms of the ETA by deciding to stay before landing in Aus?
angie41 is offline  
Old Jan 6th 2002, 2:20 pm
George Lombard
Posts: n/a

Hi Angie,

It's just a question of intention. Having the police clearance by itself means
nothing, but if you are arriving on an ETA with the intention of remaining
permanently, that is, on one view of the law, not permitted. Some agents take a more
liberal approach to this question, and if you go back through the annals of this
newsgroup you will find some examples of that approach.

Best regards

George Lombard angie41

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.