Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Chapel Hill - info

Chapel Hill - info

Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:49 am
Just Joined

karenpar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chapel Hill - info

Anyone who lives in Chapel Hill -Brisbane who can tell me commute to CBD times and also if anyone drives to a station like Indooropilly and goes that way in.
Seems a nice area - do the trees attract a lot of mossies etc

Last edited by karenpar; Jun 27th 2009 at 6:58 am.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chapel Hill - info

I get the bus from Burbong Street in Chapel Hill to Roma Street/North Quay and it takes around twenty minutes. The bus stops at Indooroopilly on the way. The railway station is heavily used by commuters but parking is scarce and many resort to parking on the nearby streets. All parking is uncovered.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by discobay
I get the bus from Burbong Street in Chapel Hill to Roma Street/North Quay and it takes around twenty minutes. The bus stops at Indooroopilly on the way. The railway station is heavily used by commuters but parking is scarce and many resort to parking on the nearby streets. All parking is uncovered.
Yep, I can't see the point in driving to Indooroopilly Station when it is so easy to get the bus to the CBD. I think the buses are every 15 minutes.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenpar
Anyone who lives in Chapel Hill -Brisbane who can tell me commute to CBD times and also if anyone drives to a station like Indooropilly and goes that way in.
Seems a nice area - do the trees attract a lot of mossies etc
I live in Kenmore which is next to Chapel Hill. The bus used to take between 45 mins and an hour to get into CBD unless you get up silly early to get in.

Driving to Indooroopilly is an option but there's no parking at Indro station so it can take you ages to finding parking on a side street and walk to the station, which kinda negates the whole thing.

Chapel Hill/Kenmore etc is a fabulous area for bringing up a family or if you are retired. Good schools, very well serviced with amenities such as supermarkets, butchers, churches, doctors etc. It has one of the only decent state highs in Qld (Kenmore High) which can take the pressure off the need to send kids (if you have any) private. I think if you are a younger couple looking for a bit of life then steer clear as it's pretty quiet.

Transport is reknowned for being a big issue in the Western Suburbs which puts a lot of people off moving there. Although they are still highly sought after areas, the infrastructure has not kept up with the growth (like most of Brisbane really). There is supposedly a Kenmore Bypass that may be going through which will take pressure off the roads (allegedly) in these areas as it will link directly to the freeway so that may help in the long term.

Any other questions you may have, feel free to ask.