Reload this Page >

Channel 4's A Place In The Sun seeking expats in Perth/Fremantle

Channel 4's A Place In The Sun seeking expats in Perth/Fremantle

Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:36 am
Just Joined

yvonneg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Channel 4's A Place In The Sun seeking expats in Perth/Fremantle

Hi everyone!
I'm Yvonne, the researcher on Channel 4's A Place In The Sun's South Perth/Fremantle show. We've got a young family who's going to be relocating to the area and I was wondering whether any of you would be prepared to have a chat with me and/or them about relocating, change in lifestyle, things to do and places to see, pitfalls to avoid, schools to send kids, golf courses to play on etc etc etc....
Anyway, if you're ok to have a quick chat with me and/or the family, please drop me a quick note at [email protected] and leave an Aussie number that I could reach you on between 11am and 7pm your time (mobile's fine, doesn't need to be landline). Alternatively, if you prefer email, just let me know what your email add is.
Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Take care,
Yvonne
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:13 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Channel 4's A Place In The Sun seeking expats in Perth/Fremantle

You're pure evil.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:17 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
You're pure evil.
Dont hold back now let it all out
Old Sep 24th 2004, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvonneg
Hi everyone!
I'm Yvonne, the researcher on Channel 4's A Place In The Sun's South Perth/Fremantle show. We've got a young family who's going to be relocating to the area and I was wondering whether any of you would be prepared to have a chat with me and/or them about relocating, change in lifestyle, things to do and places to see, pitfalls to avoid, schools to send kids, golf courses to play on etc etc etc....
Anyway, if you're ok to have a quick chat with me and/or the family, please drop me a quick note at [email protected] and leave an Aussie number that I could reach you on between 11am and 7pm your time (mobile's fine, doesn't need to be landline). Alternatively, if you prefer email, just let me know what your email add is.
Take care,
Yvonne
Suggestion - why don't you put the family members in a house and get the public to vote for who they want evicted like that other inane show on your Channel?

I do like APITS (BTW the Melbourne Herald-Sun newspaper when it was just the Sun used to have a column everyday called APITS, A Place in the Sun, wonder if you knew that?) but it is sooo predictable. Introduction to the area; we're going to show you 6 houses - 2, ad break, 2, ad break, 2, ad break (the couple say they want a place by the sea and you show them 4 in the country that they might like).

Which one do you prefer after each two; let's met some locals to discuss the area, things to do etc and then at the end you always end up saying that the couple didn't get any of the houses but they are returning to the UK to think about it (which always makes me think they aren't genuine buyers and are just looking for a freebie and a bit of instant fame). Have I got it right? (tongue firmly in cheek)

OzTennis

Last edited by OzTennis; Sep 24th 2004 at 2:04 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:46 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone!
Take care,
Yvonne
Not out there until 28 October (Perth) however thought I would reply positively rather than the other inane replies

Good Luck

Paul J
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:04 am
Just Joined

yvonneg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,
thanks for your replies - at least I know that someone's read the post.
A few things to clear up:

1) Channel 4 is the channel, Freeform is the production company (of A Place in The Sun). Freeform is not responsible for any of Channel4's output apart from its own shows. Big Brother is produced by Endemol, not Freeform.

2) A Place In The Sun is formatted entertainment, so yes, it obviously has a format. If you are looking for a something that isn't formatted, watch another program.

Right, that said - anyone got any good suggestions on great places to go in South Perth/Fremantle/Rockingham area that *aren't* usually featured in guidebooks/tourist center brochures? Would appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks and have a great day,
Yvonne

PS - if you want to continue discussing the merits/demerits of formatted TV and shows like BB, please feel free to - I used to work for Endemol (Brighter Pictures to be exact) and left because I was neither happy with their output nor the people working there - but please, I need to get this job done first, so if you can have a bit of patience I can let rip in a few weeks' time. Thanks! :-)
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:52 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Your boss is also in the pay of their Omnipotencenesses. How did s nice goil like you end up like this?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
thanks for your replies - at least I know that someone's read the post.
A few things to clear up:

1) Channel 4 is the channel, Freeform is the production company (of A Place in The Sun). Freeform is not responsible for any of Channel4's output apart from its own shows. Big Brother is produced by Endemol, not Freeform.

2) A Place In The Sun is formatted entertainment, so yes, it obviously has a format. If you are looking for a something that isn't formatted, watch another program.

Right, that said - anyone got any good suggestions on great places to go in South Perth/Fremantle/Rockingham area that *aren't* usually featured in guidebooks/tourist center brochures? Would appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks and have a great day,
Yvonne

PS - if you want to continue discussing the merits/demerits of formatted TV and shows like BB, please feel free to - I used to work for Endemol (Brighter Pictures to be exact) and left because I was neither happy with their output nor the people working there - but please, I need to get this job done first, so if you can have a bit of patience I can let rip in a few weeks' time. Thanks! :-)
Thanks for the reply Yvonne. It wasn't an inane reply, I was just venting my frustration at the proliferation of reality TV (which I think has almost run its day)!! I believe a Dutchman called John De Mol is who we have blame for BB which he has sold to umpteen dozen countries. Others hit on the idea and re-worked it eg Idol, Celeb Survival etc - same idea of the public getting involved in the process of voting down to one person and seeing 'real' people.

Yes, a lot of programs are formatted aren't they! Football has 2 halves with injury time at the end of each; Countdown has 5 rounds, ad break x 3 etc. As you say watch something else if you don't want a format - and I do, but I still like APITS for the locations. Good luck with your quest for volunteers.

OzTennis
Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:00 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!
Take care,
Yvonne

It is my understanding that there is a group of ladies on here who would like to be filmed whist pole dancing. I read a very thread this morning. Have you contacted them, they're all from Perth.

Walla
Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Yvonne

You may wish to consider putting something on the Poms In Perth website also. Its at www.pomsinperth.com. All the best with your search!!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:56 pm
maggy

Originally Posted by walla1
It is my understanding that there is a group of ladies on here who would like to be filmed whist pole dancing. I read a very thread this morning. Have you contacted them, they're all from Perth.

Walla

OMG what thread did you read that on lol.

Old Sep 27th 2004, 1:57 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1

Walla

No, no, no.... That wouldn't apply would it? Seeing as if was co-founded by a Canadian, eh?

BTW.... it was MR. Siren who was on about the video taping of pole dancing (a no-go... sorry gents )

We have however discussed the merits of taping a coffee morning for laughs...LOL We'd all look like nutters... what with glass shoes and all

Siren
Old Sep 27th 2004, 2:02 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Siren
No, no, no.... That wouldn't apply would it? Seeing as if was co-founded by a Canadian, eh?

BTW.... it was MR. Siren who was on about the video taping of pole dancing (a no-go... sorry gents )

We have however discussed the merits of taping a coffee morning for laughs...LOL We'd all look like nutters... what with glass shoes and all

Siren
Siren, cheer me up
Whats the weather been like over there today
????????????????????
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:31 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
OMG what thread did you read that on lol.
Maggy and Siren here is the evidence, I thought it would save me the job

It's near the end of the thread, enjoy.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...7&page=3&pp=15

Walla
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:34 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Eeeeeeeeek! See what I miss when I don't log on for ONE day!! LOL

Stephen, it was 20c and I got a beauuuuuuuuuuty of a sunburn lying in the sunshine reading a book.
I am absolutely going to get a tan in the next 3 weeks! After the wedding, I can go back to ghosty white or even see-through for all I care but I am determined to have a nice golden tan over the top of that wedding gown...lol
Over did it yesterday I guess Who woulda thought that 20 degrees could be so dangerous?? LOL

Siren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.