Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changing your driving licence - Brisbane

Changing your driving licence - Brisbane

Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:18 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing your driving licence - Brisbane

Anyone know of a URL of where i can find out where i can change (take the test) my UK licence for an Aussie one. Failing that does anyone know of an office in/around Milton/Paddington?

Ta
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing your driving licence - Brisbane

Originally Posted by wargod
Anyone know of a URL of where i can find out where i can change (take the test) my UK licence for an Aussie one. Failing that does anyone know of an office in/around Milton/Paddington?

Ta
Hi there

Heres the link to all the customer service centres for Qld transport.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...x/cscsoutheast
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:26 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there

Heres the link to all the customer service centres for Qld transport.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...x/cscsoutheast
Ta, although a colleague just gace me this one (http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/home...dex/contactus),
thanks again though.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:35 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
There's one at Rosalie. Jim took his test there. Just behind Nash Street, can't remember the exact address. Go just before lunch and eat at one of the lovely restaurants.

Jane
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:41 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
There's one at Rosalie. Jim took his test there. Just behind Nash Street, can't remember the exact address. Go just before lunch and eat at one of the lovely restaurants.

Jane
I had a drive over there a few minutes ago, i haddnt ventured must past Paddington of a lunch time, and i must say it is nice down at Rosalie, although i drove right past the testing center, or should i say testing mobile home!!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:43 am
Just Joined

brizvegas123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Changing your driving licence - Brisbane

Jane

i'm having a real nightmare with getting my QLD licence. I'm one of these people who needs silence to concentrate and i've taken the test 3 times now - each time just failing by one or two. I'm so pissed off with the QLD transport offices being like Picadilly circus and there being no facilities for you to go some where quiet to take the test that i'm not sure i can actually be bothered to try again.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:48 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brizvegas123
i'm having a real nightmare with getting my QLD licence. I'm one of these people who needs silence to concentrate and i've taken the test 3 times now - each time just failing by one or two. I'm so pissed off with the QLD transport offices being like Picadilly circus and there being no facilities for you to go some where quiet to take the test that i'm not sure i can actually be bothered to try again.
The one at Rosalie is quite big and wasn't very busy. At Sherwood, it was tiny and Jim failed his first time. (I passed ) but Rosalie wasn't noisy at all so he passed 2nd time. Bit of a journey for you, though.

Jane
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:50 am
Born to be ignored

I had a drive over there a few minutes ago, i haddnt ventured must past Paddington of a lunch time, and i must say it is nice down at Rosalie, although i drove right past the testing center, or should i say testing mobile home!!
I love it there, if we hadn't wanted a bit of land I would have lived there or Paddington no problem.

Jane
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:58 am
Just Joined

I love it there, if we hadn't wanted a bit of land I would have lived there or Paddington no problem.

Jane
thanks Jane - i think i'll go to Wynnum tomorrow morning at 8.30 am and put in my ear plugs in an attempt to get the bloody driving licence - its pretty depressing as i've been driving for years - i didn't expect it to turn into a drama
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:16 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

There's one at Strathpine, Bells Pocket Road.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rossifumi
There's one at Strathpine, Bells Pocket Road.

Is that a quiet one?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:24 am

Is that a quiet one?
Mate sorry I have *ahem* yet to visit.....which I will do very soon!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:25 am

Is the test quite straightforward?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Is the test quite straightforward?

it is straight forward - although there a a few "banana skins" thrown in to trip you up. I got a classic "what do you do when you see a amber light" - i answered prepare to stop............. WRONG....

Its not an abmer Traffic light its an amber light like on an RACQ vehicle they are talking about - correct answer is slown down and prepare to give way if necessary .........

its so crazy but my lack of being able to concentrate because its always so flaming noisy trips me up on STUPID questions like that
Old Jul 25th 2006, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

The next time i go i will be on my fifth attempt, so your not the only one. someone told me there is a bit of a help sheet doing the rounds on the site, well i wish i could get my hands on it cause its costing me a bloody fortune, i will just have to try harder next time.
good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.