Changing plugs

Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing plugs

I brought over some multi socket things and just put Australian plugs on them to begin with. I am gradually working my way round the UK stuff that I bought putting Australian plugs onto them as I go.

Yes, I know about the home insurance stuff but I have got loads to change and I am not paying silly money to get someone in. Its very easy to do and the chances of them causing a fire are about the same if a tradesman did it for me so after weighing it up I am prepared to run the risk.

The only thing is that the plugs here are really crap and it hurts my little female hands trying to push the plug down over the wiring. Thats why I only do one now and again and dont sit and do a job lot.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Dh was talking to my daughters fil last week when we were down in Perth.The fil was saying he is employing lots of poms through his business but they are not recognised here as registered as electricians.Whatever job description he employs them under he does not have to pay electrician award rates.He gets registered electricians (uk) qualified and up to speed on eveyrthing for less.He thought it was brill saving him a packet.Personally i think its shite but at least they have a job in these times (maybe they have to do a course to comply with registration here) and they are still able to earn.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
kinda says everything about the UK doenst it.

An electrician in 6 weeks, my friggin a$re your are.

Anyone tried to get a job with me like that, and they would'nt even get a reply.

4 years apprenticeship, makes you an electrician. Or 2 years crossover from another electrical trade.
Wise words, where where you on the re-train as an electrician bit?

Am sending big ball of karma
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Dh was talking to my daughters fil last week when we were down in Perth.The fil was saying he is employing lots of poms through his business but they are not recognised here as registered as electricians.Whatever job description he employs them under he does not have to pay electrician award rates.He gets registered electricians (uk) qualified and up to speed on eveyrthing for less.He thought it was brill saving him a packet.Personally i think its shite but at least they have a job in these times (maybe they have to do a course to comply with registration here) and they are still able to earn.
Nope, thats shite, thats what they do in the uk, shags your wages up when some bugger does it for buck shee money, hope they all get caught out an shipped out, w*****s
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:14 pm
ABCDiamond

That actually gives them the experience they require to help to get an Australian licence, so they can become full Australian Electricians.

Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:16 pm
ABCDiamond

Well being an old gal,i remember a science period one day.electric plugs.BLUE TO THE LEFT
BROWN TO THE RIGH
YELLOW UP THE MIDDLE (UK )
That doesn't help with this one I have here.... Green to the left, black in the middle and brown on the right....

Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That actually gives them the experience they require to help to get an Australian licence, so they can become full Australian Electricians.
They should already have a licence so as to work??? I think???
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Can they change plugs?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:19 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasonlec
a restricted license, until they go through the joke of Capstone assessments
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:27 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Wise words, where where you on the re-train as an electrician bit?

Am sending big ball of karma
I'm an Instrument Technician, cross training to add an 'A' class Electrician.

i'll be dual traded. Complete w@nk but all the majors in heavy industry like dual trade instrument/electrical tradesmen.

which is a crock of crap. It means i could be benchmarking a gas chromatograph in the morning; early afternoon, fixing some PLC/DCS code, then late afternoon recalibrating a level Tx. Then get woken up in the middle of the night to do some HV switching.

anyway back to the original post.

CHANGE YOUR ******* PLUGS YOURSELF AND STOP BEING SO LAZY!!!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:36 pm
ABCDiamond

No, they can work as an "assistant", before they get a licence, supervised by an "Australian" qualified electrician.

Otherwise they would not be able to find work for ages, whilst applying for the licence.

Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was clowns to the left, jokers to the right and me stuck in the middle with you.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
anyway back to the original post.

CHANGE YOUR ******* PLUGS YOURSELF AND STOP BEING SO LAZY!!!
Or stop being tight and risk your insurance being invalid, could be another way of putting it....

Old Jul 12th 2009, 11:03 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The laws as per some States...

NSW
It is only a 2 hour course...

However, many people do not follow the laws....

I believe that the NSW regulation you stated above is the WorkCover requirement for replacing plugs in a workplace.

I don't believe that this extends to the domestic environment.

S
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I thought it was clowns to the left, jokers to the right and me stuck in the middle with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.