Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changing My Name!!

Changing My Name!!

Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:30 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Changing My Name!!

Whats the procedure that i have to do to change my name legally?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing My Name!!

Originally Posted by NewOZ
If you mean BE username you post your request on the site feedback forum.

It has to be done by the site administrators who are Paul and Sue.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:43 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

By deed poll mate!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
If you mean BE username you post your request on the site feedback forum.

It has to be done by the site administrators who are Paul and Sue.
i mean my real name... not BE username
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:51 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Each state in Australia has its own specific procedures. Which state do you live in? Information can be found on the internet - for example, in NSW you need to deal with the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages (see http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/changeName/changeName.htm), who can register a 'Change of Name'. Other states and the territories will have similar arrangements.

(It is of course perfectly legal to use any name you choose provided you are not doing so in order to deceive. Plenty of people have 'changed' their name simply 'by reputation'. However, these days this poses problems if you should want official documents (passports, driving licenses, credit cards and so on) issued in your new name.)
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:41 am
Banned

What about Melb?

Originally Posted by CPW
Each state in Australia has its own specific procedures. Which state do you live in? Information can be found on the internet - for example, in NSW you need to deal with the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages (see http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/changeName/changeName.htm), who can register a 'Change of Name'. Other states and the territories will have similar arrangements.

(It is of course perfectly legal to use any name you choose provided you are not doing so in order to deceive. Plenty of people have 'changed' their name simply 'by reputation'. However, these days this poses problems if you should want official documents (passports, driving licenses, credit cards and so on) issued in your new name.)
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:21 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

What about Melb?
I think it's the Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, part of the Department for Victorian Communities - try http://www.dvc.vic.gov.au/bdm.htm as a start.