Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Changing daily Online banking limits with Westpac

Changing daily Online banking limits with Westpac

Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Changing daily Online banking limits with Westpac

Hi

I am going to need to transfer a few thousands dollars back into a UK account from my Westpac account and have just realised they have a daily limit on the account.......has anyone managed to change it successfully from the UK? Apparently you have to use a Secure Token ID system, whatever that is!! Not sure if they will send them to the UK....

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing daily Online banking limits with Westpac

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi

I am going to need to transfer a few thousands dollars back into a UK account from my Westpac account and have just realised they have a daily limit on the account.......has anyone managed to change it successfully from the UK? Apparently you have to use a Secure Token ID system, whatever that is!! Not sure if they will send them to the UK....

Cheers

SS
I have a business account with Westpac and have to use the Secure Token system if I want to transfer more than x amount (can't remember what the limit is, off the top of my head).

You have to apply for a Token through your Westpac branch. Once you have it, it's easy. It's a tiny little plastic thing, which displays a number that changes every minute. You just enter the number from the Token when the page asks for it and your transfer is processed. It's just an added security device - as you must be in possession of both the Token and your pin etc in order to do large transfers.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:12 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi

Cheers

SS
I tried doing the change on-line and got a message back saying they were sending me an activation code in the mail in a few days' time but I never got it. So I had to phone the help desk and 3 days later I received the activation code and was then able to increase my daily transaction limit. I'm not sure what the max is for everyone but I was only able to increase it to $5000 per day.

I opened my WestPac account a few years ago in Melbourne while I was working there. When I moved to the UK, I had the statements and all correspondence sent to the UK. Phone their help desk and see if they will send the code to you in the UK.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

P.S. Darn I forgot to log hubby out and post under his name, again!

Last edited by A dogs life; Oct 5th 2005 at 8:20 am.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I tried doing the change on-line and got a message back saying they were sending me an activation code in the mail in a few days' time but I never got it. So I had to phone the help desk and 3 days later I received the activation code and was then able to increase my daily transaction limit. I'm not sure what the max is for everyone but I was only able to increase it to $5000 per day.

I opened my WestPac account a few years ago in Melbourne while I was working there. When I moved to the UK, I had the statements and all correspondence sent to the UK. Phone their help desk and see if they will send the code to you in the UK.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL

P.S. Darn I forgot to log hubby out and post under his name, again!
Thanks for the advice,

I have just got off of the phone, or rather headset via Skype (1p per minute!!!), to the 24hr Westpac Customer Service line and it turns out that there is a facility called BPAY which can be used for large transactions, via the online banking.

It's a relief as otherwise I would have had to write a letter by air mail to my Westpac branch instructing them to move the money......

If BPAY fails, it'll have to be done via telphone banking.

Cheers

SS