Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

changes on skills list

changes on skills list

Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default changes on skills list

See the link below from Go Matilda to see the changes in the skills list, there are 6 changes.

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/documents/1-281-1.pdf
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:32 am
Goodpubmisser

You know they are always trying to bring engineering/manufacturing people out here.

The only problem is that Australian manufacturing is a bit of a joke - the companies are small in the main and just provide product for the local market. There are also not many good jobs in engineering/manufacturing.

Electronic manufacturing here has died a death - the only remaining companies are of the warehouse type whre they import electronic goods from Asia or the U.S, sell them and then fix them if they go wrong.

I suppose as usual that Canberra public servants are living in their own world.

I feel sorry for any manufacturing/engineering people that migrate here - they will get promised great things, arrive in Australia and end up doing a shitty technician's job. Or worse one Professional Engineer with a degree in my company ended up working in the Storeroom driving a fork lift truck.