Reload this Page >

Changes for kiwis in australia

Changes for kiwis in australia

Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Kiwi.ozzie69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes for kiwis in australia

jaj,

PNG had this sort of relationship with Ozzie before 1975... Or am I way off ?

Kiwi Ozzie

Originally Posted by JAJ
You cannot compare the relationship between the Isle of Man (a Crown Dependency) and the United Kingdom to that between two sovereign nations. A closer comparison of the IOM/U.K. relationship would be that between Puerto Rico and the United States.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:02 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Changes for kiwis in australia

Originally Posted by Kiwi.ozzie69
buzzy bee did you not move over under the trans Tasman agreement ?
Yes but then I applied for PR as if I had never been here.

BB
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

All that's needed is every Kiwi in Australia promising to vote labour if only they could.

The government will make them PRs before the election i'm sure!

Comon Kiwis, get the message out there
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Changes for kiwis in australia

Originally Posted by newkiwi
All that's needed is every Kiwi in Australia promising to vote labour if only they could.

PRs are not allowed to vote in Australia.

BB
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi

What makes you assume every Kiwi wants PR?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

not 100 percent correct british subjects who enrolled before 1986 can vote, in fact I know a kiwi who was out of country whiles rules changed so is a non protected SCV but is still enrolled to vote.... Strange but true.

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
PRs are not allowed to vote in Australia.

BB
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
What makes you assume every Kiwi wants PR?
A lot do.... But a lot do not as well..........
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Indeed. One friend of mine here on the SCV definitely does not, as he would have to start paying tax on his overseas investments.

BB
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You cannot compare the relationship between the Isle of Man (a Crown Dependency) and the United Kingdom to that between two sovereign nations. A closer comparison of the IOM/U.K. relationship would be that between Puerto Rico and the United States.
Travel and movement between the IOM and UK are obviously unrestricted. But if you move from the UK to the IOM and become resident you notice some big differences. Income tax at a maximum of 20%, you have to make a Manx will, no inheritance tax and then there are a few legal anomalies, eg http://jurist.org/hotline/2012/12/pa...osexuality.php

My parents used to live on the island and I dealt with both their estates when they died, so I have dealt with both systems.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:19 am
Just Joined

It would appear that this story might have some truth to it see Dom post today...

Thousands of New Zealanders living "temporarily" in Australia could win residency - but only after spending nearly a decade in the country.

Internal Australian immigration documents reveal a proposed "pathway" that would allow New Zealanders living in Australia to gain permanent residency after "eight years or more".

The proposal has been presented to the Cabinet in Australia, although its status is unclear

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austral...iwis-residency

Originally Posted by sr71
You see that attitude has always confused me a bit, especially from British immigrants who have unfettered access to Europe, because it is not clearly a case of NZ'ers getting preferential treatment over other countries. NZ & Aus have many things in common, similar geographic location, history, culture and so it makes sense to set this sort of relationship up. Additionally I think you will find that the NZ'ers impact on the Australian economy is positive, as studies have shown. The restrictions on NZ'ers has also been recognised as being pretty dodgy/racist from various global organisations.