Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

changed our minds at 11th hour

changed our minds at 11th hour

Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough
Default changed our minds at 11th hour

At the 11th hour we have decided that the pain & guilt of taking away the grandchildren from their grandparents is simply too much for us to bear. We always knew it would be hard but nothing has prepared us for the pain we have witnessed these last two weeks and so (fortunatley) we were both in agreement that we need to move closer to home. After much deliberation both my husband and myself agreed that our original plan of moving to Spain was preferable - it is so much closer to everyone but we are still fulfilling our dream of living in a warmer climate.

I know a lot of you won't agree with our decision and may think we are cowards but at the end of the day it just didn't feel right - and I am a strong believer in trusting your instincts. Good luck to all those who go and make a great life for themselves in Oz- you are braver than us! We are still living the dream - just a bit closer to home.

Chaley and Mike Scott
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: changed our minds at 11th hour

Originally Posted by chaleyscott
At the 11th hour we have decided that the pain & guilt of taking away the grandchildren from their grandparents is simply too much for us to bear. We always knew it would be hard but nothing has prepared us for the pain we have witnessed these last two weeks and so (fortunatley) we were both in agreement that we need to move closer to home. After much deliberation both my husband and myself agreed that our original plan of moving to Spain was preferable - it is so much closer to everyone but we are still fulfilling our dream of living in a warmer climate.

I know a lot of you won't agree with our decision and may think we are cowards but at the end of the day it just didn't feel right - and I am a strong believer in trusting your instincts. Good luck to all those who go and make a great life for themselves in Oz- you are braver than us! We are still living the dream - just a bit closer to home.

Chaley and Mike Scott
Don't know why anyone would think your decision was cowardly - highly pragmatic more like. Everyone's got a different rationale behind emigrating and yours requires contact with the family, so you made the decision to move to Spain. Best of luck to you, hope you enjoy your new life on the Costa
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Best of luck in your new life and well done for making a brave decision.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Chaley and Mike Scott
First off congratulations on making the decision before moving.
Second off it is ***** all to do with anyone else what your decision is. No one is going to think you cowards. YOU have decided on what is best for YOUR family. End of. Everyone's decision is based on their circumstances.

You won't get knocked for this, just congratulated for making a fairly tough decision and being happy with it.

All the best.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Es una decisión muy valiente y yo estoy seguro que usted lo hace para las razones correctas. Usted no tiene que contestar a nadie.

If you can't make head nor tail out of that then I suggest a Spanish course before you go.

Good luck.

Three Legs

Chaley and Mike Scott
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:53 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Chaley and Mike Scott
I congratulate you on making the best decision for your family and wish you the very best for the future in Spain. I just hope you weren't emotionally blackmailed into it.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

Chaley and Mike Scott

Well done for doing what feels right for you . Would have possibly felt the same as you if my family were in UK only my Parents there and they're retiring to Aus in a few years. Good luck for the future and the Spanish lesson
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:07 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

If the decision you have come to feels right, then it IS right
Good Luck to you and your family in Spain.
I have 3 lots of friends that have all moved out there recently and none of them have ever looked back.
Good Luck!
Julie
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

fugly is an unknown quantity at this point

Chaley and Mike Scott
brilliant decision.

based on logic nd right for you and ur family. thats important

good on ya, and good luck.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:18 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you. Whats right for you is right for you.

BTW-would you think of validating just incase (I am presuming you have visa)
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:27 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Es una decisión muy valiente y yo estoy seguro que usted lo hace para las razones correctas. Usted no tiene que contestar a nadie.
Thats really weird I was just thinking that when I woke up this morning. Its even weirder cos I don't speak a word of spanish ( apart from donde está el chicle )

To the OP, have you thought about Gibraltar? Its english speaking and warm and all that. I'm just suggesting that before JAJ jumps in with his suggestion of the Falkland Islands
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:54 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

How could you ever be described as cowards when you`ve had the guts to turn round a life changing decision like this?? Good luck to you and hope Spain works out for you.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough

thanks everyone for your kind words- much appreciated.

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
How could you ever be described as cowards when you`ve had the guts to turn round a life changing decision like this?? Good luck to you and hope Spain works out for you.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Chaley and Mike Scott
I know what you have been through, sometimes I wonder why we have put our kids though this. We leave on the 24th October and I have just started a thread about my sons grief and sadness about leaving.

Good luck in your decision. Plus you will have bilingual children in a year or so - how cool is that!
Tara
Old Sep 26th 2005, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by A dogs life
To the OP, have you thought about Gibraltar? Its english speaking and warm and all that. I'm just suggesting that before JAJ jumps in with his suggestion of the Falkland Islands
JAJ recommends Gibraltar to me! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.