Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change of plan :(

Change of plan :(

Old Dec 14th 2004, 5:29 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Change of plan :(

Hi Everybody,

Even before our visa was granted my cousin in Perth wanted us to stop over at hers for a week before we headed off to Brisbane,great we thought, a couple of days to get over the jet lag,catch up with my cousin,see a bit of Perth,most of all be in Perth for Austraila day.
But now its all off because my cousin is going for a short break to Sydney,she hasnt even told me herself whats happening! my cousin(her brother) that lives here came round to tell me & he asked me if i would give her a ring later which i did but had a chat with her friend(who hadnt a clue about her going off to Sydney!)she said she would get my cousin to phone me later that day & surprise,surprise she still hasnt nearly a week later!

Im begining to think ive been fed a story here,cousin tried a bit too hard to be convincing if you know what i mean.

We,re a bit disapointed & peaved at my cousin Im not bothered about going to Perth because we can have a holiday there at some point in the future,but i want to appoligise to everybody we wanted to meet up with for a drink,cause now we wont be able too,so sorry

So its straight to Brisbane for us now & three weeks instead of two to get the kids sorted with schools,find a house to rent & find our feet a bit before hubby starts work on the 14th Feb!

Cany wait!!!! & dont worry guys we will defo meet up at some point for those promised ,s!!!

Donna.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Change of plan :(

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Everybody,

Even before our visa was granted my cousin in Perth wanted us to stop over at hers for a week before we headed off to Brisbane,great we thought, a couple of days to get over the jet lag,catch up with my cousin,see a bit of Perth,most of all be in Perth for Austraila day.
But now its all off because my cousin is going for a short break to Sydney,she hasnt even told me herself whats happening! my cousin(her brother) that lives here came round to tell me & he asked me if i would give her a ring later which i did but had a chat with her friend(who hadnt a clue about her going off to Sydney!)she said she would get my cousin to phone me later that day & surprise,surprise she still hasnt nearly a week later!

Im begining to think ive been fed a story here,cousin tried a bit too hard to be convincing if you know what i mean.

We,re a bit disapointed & peaved at my cousin Im not bothered about going to Perth because we can have a holiday there at some point in the future,but i want to appoligise to everybody we wanted to meet up with for a drink,cause now we wont be able too,so sorry

So its straight to Brisbane for us now & three weeks instead of two to get the kids sorted with schools,find a house to rent & find our feet a bit before hubby starts work on the 14th Feb!

Cany wait!!!! & dont worry guys we will defo meet up at some point for those promised ,s!!!

Donna.
Donna
Might turn out for the best in the end. You will be able to settle into a rental quicker now. Or you could always come down to the coast for s few days for a holiday before you start looking.

Good luck.

debsx
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Why don't you just stay at her place even if she won't be there. Tell her that you've booked the ticket so you will have to stay at her place now, and you can have a nice little break
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:55 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Why don't you just stay at her place even if she won't be there. Tell her that you've booked the ticket so you will have to stay at her place now, and you can have a nice little break

That could work out well.... especially if she was trying "a bit too hard to be convincing"

Anyway, heading over to Brisbane earlier just means you get to drink with us sooner instead!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:58 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
That could work out well.... especially if she was trying "a bit too hard to be convincing"

Anyway, heading over to Brisbane earlier just means you get to drink with us sooner instead!
MLB on bended knee i plead with you not to encourage my missus to drink!!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 10:26 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I just don't know if I can do that
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:56 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Donna.
What a shame... but there'll be a next time.

3 weeks you will/could need. Time flys when you've just arrived!!

Good luck with everything

Simone
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Encourage your missus to drink?? US???? Clean-living wholesome girlies who were certainly not drinking red wine through straws last Friday night......
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Encourage your missus to drink?? US???? Clean-living wholesome girlies who were certainly not drinking red wine through straws last Friday night......

I didnt see any straws... did you??
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I didnt see any straws... did you??
No, but then I often drink with my eyes shut, so that could explain it....
Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:46 am
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, but then I often drink with my eyes shut, so that could explain it....
I fear for my poor missus under the influence of you Brisbane Girlies, scratch that adding my missus to you lot is similar to giving guns to the Indians!!

MR MADSAD

PS, Red wine through a straw? would you not be better just necking it out the bottle!!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:43 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ghostface
I fear for my poor missus under the influence of you Brisbane Girlies, scratch that adding my missus to you lot is similar to giving guns to the Indians!!

MR MADSAD

PS, Red wine through a straw? would you not be better just necking it out the bottle!!

'A' straw? 'Twere two, weren't it??

Oops, I mean, 'straws'? What straws??

Oh, and looking forward to meeting you in Brissie, Mr and Mrs Madsad.

Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:54 pm
Home and Happy

Now d'you see the problem? we were such cutesy simpering innocent beer/cider drinkers, and then this wicked Proofreading character comes along, charming us with red wine.........
Actually, mr Madsad, for all we know, your wife could be even worse than us and lead us all further astray.......
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:57 pm

Actually, mr Madsad, for all we know, your wife could be even worse than us and lead us all further astray......

Hey you lot!! I dont drink that much..really..eh..honestly !!

(hubby your in BIG do-do !!)

Donna.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:09 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Actually, mr Madsad, for all we know, your wife could be even worse than us and lead us all further astray......

Hey you lot!! I dont drink that much..really..eh..honestly !!

(hubby your in BIG do-do !!)

Donna.
Come now sweetheart, i never actually said you drank a lot, but to reiterate, in a drinking contest featuring you, George Best & Keith Floyd, i would place you as such

1) Donna Maxwell
=2nd) Keith Floyd & George Best

Hubby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.