British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Change in employer status after PR filled (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/change-employer-status-after-pr-filled-111211/)

sanch Sep 10th 2002 8:24 am

Change in employer status after PR filled

Hi,
I changed my employer and my address after filling my PR. What documents do i send to DIMIA along with change of address regarding my CHange of employer.

willywh3r3 Sep 10th 2002 8:54 am

Re: Change in employer status after PR filled

AFAIK,

The form 47SK ask you to fill in up to the date you sign the form.

It was never mentioned in the accompanying documents that you need to update your employer list after you lodged your 47SK form.

Anyone knows more accurately?

Originally posted by sanch:
Hi,
I changed my employer and my address after filling my PR. What documents do i send to DIMIA along with change of address regarding my CHange of employer.

ptlabs Sep 10th 2002 9:01 am

willywh3r3,

> It was never mentioned in the accompanying documents that you need
> to update your employer list after you lodged your 47SK form.

I've already answered the original poster in the workpermit.com board.

Anyway, there is an obligation to update DIMIA on anything that would constitute a change in circumstances even after your application is lodged, right up to your initial entry into Australia as a PR.

Having said that, updating of employment information after one's application has been lodged would probably be as a courteous gesture as DIMIA may attempt to contact the "present" employer in the course of the assessment. Misunderstandings may potentially occur ("Who? We don't have such a person working here. Sorry. Bye.") when DIMIA isn't aware that the professional engagement has come to an end recently.

Peter

sanch Sep 10th 2002 9:13 am

Originally posted by ptlabs:
willywh3r3,

> It was never mentioned in the accompanying documents that you need
> to update your employer list after you lodged your 47SK form.

I've already answered the original poster in the workpermit.com board.

Anyway, there is an obligation to update DIMIA on anything that would constitute a change in circumstances even after your application is lodged, right up to your initial entry into Australia as a PR.

Having said that, updating of employment information after one's application has been lodged would probably be as a courteous gesture as DIMIA may attempt to contact the "present" employer in the course of the assessment. Misunderstandings may potentially occur ("Who? We don't have such a person working here. Sorry. Bye.") when DIMIA isn't aware that the professional engagement has come to an end recently.

Peter
Thanks Peter for replying..i posted u one more query on workpermit.com.
Just want to know if i need to send the offer letter and my ex- employers relieving letter. or Just the current offer letter will suffice. I hope u answer this only question of mine because i am really in a dilema.