Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change of assurer????>>>>

Change of assurer????>>>>

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of assurer????>>>>

I know i should be askin agent this but wanted to test water first...

Assurers filled out all stuff in april 2004(brother and sis in law)Since then she has become pregnant so is now not working...IF... my brothers now current earnings fall below the 35k?? benchmark..will i need to change assurers??and if i do how much of a prob will this be???Just thinking of things to worry about!!

cheers in advance..

scott
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Ask tony!!! It's what we're paying him for!!!!

Would DIMIA know if b-i-l has lowered his wage? Do they ask for wage slips etc?

Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of assurer????>>>>

Originally posted by scottalison6
I know i should be askin agent this but wanted to test water first...

Assurers filled out all stuff in april 2004(brother and sis in law)Since then she has become pregnant so is now not working...IF... my brothers now current earnings fall below the 35k?? benchmark..will i need to change assurers??and if i do how much of a prob will this be???Just thinking of things to worry about!!

cheers in advance..

scott
As far as I'm aware, the assurer needs to meet the required income for the years preceeding the application date. You can only provide ATO/salary info for completed financial years so you won't be able to provide anything beyond year end June 2003 at present anyway - so presumably, income was at the required level at this time and may only drop for year end June 2004 - which they cant ask for yet anyway.

BUT, if they did require up to date info and your current assurer doesnt meet the min reqys, then yes, you can change your assurer - I had to change mine after submitting the forms - there were no probs with doing this and it didnt cause any delays - just had to rely on Aussie rlatives to come up with the docos.

Good luck
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

You can also get a "top up" assurer if the amount is short by however many grand. The top up is exactly that and only has to be earning the difference. Good luck
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
You can also get a "top up" assurer if the amount is short by however many grand. The top up is exactly that and only has to be earning the difference. Good luck
is that right? Someone else aske this the other day ("can you have more than one assurer") I know that a married couple can be joint assurers (i.e. both incomes taken into account) but can you have an additional assurer from a totally unrelated source? (I dont think it ever got answered on the forum the other day so just curious)
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
is that right? Someone else aske this the other day ("can you have more than one assurer") I know that a married couple can be joint assurers (i.e. both incomes taken into account) but can you have an additional assurer from a totally unrelated source? (I dont think it ever got answered on the forum the other day so just curious)
YEP! in the words of my old case officer " it can just be some old dero off the street, well providing they've got the income of course!"
The two do not need to know each other and they do not need to be related to you in any way. They just need to be 18, and Aussie citizen, and have resided in Oz for the last 2 years!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD NEWS!!

Spoke with brother this moning and his 2003 earnings were actually 42k!!.....that should be ok shouldn't it???

..ps he has i child and we have 2....sure he needs to earn around 37/38 K isn't it?????

cheers

scott
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scottalison6
GOOD NEWS!!

Spoke with brother this moning and his 2003 earnings were actually 42k!!.....that should be ok shouldn't it???

..ps he has i child and we have 2....sure he needs to earn around 37/38 K isn't it?????

cheers

scott
Cool!
All the criteria should be on the DIMIA website. In which case, assuming this is up to date:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/aos.htm#eligibility

Think you're right with $38k

Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly