Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Change of Address in Oz - what charges?

Change of Address in Oz - what charges?

Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:37 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change of Address in Oz - what charges?

I was wondering what charges those of you who have already moved house have incurred? So far I'm thinking Foxtel (reinstallation fee), RTA (drivers licence etc), Telstra Phone and Broadband (not sure if they charge?)

Can anyone hi-light anymore to me please? We're thinking of moving out of this rental and I dont want to go into it blind - I need to know how much it will cost me!!!! :scared:

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all
Default Re: Change of Address in Oz - what charges?

We paid $100 for phone / broadband move (both with same company, iiNET), did not have Foxtel before move but think they charge around $100 for new setup. No charge for driving licence as they just sent us a sticker to put on licence with new address. I think electricity and gas charge a small account establishment fee....not much else I can think of!

Cheers

Paul
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:29 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
We paid $100 for phone / broadband move (both with same company, iiNET), did not have Foxtel before move but think they charge around $100 for new setup. No charge for driving licence as they just sent us a sticker to put on licence with new address. I think electricity and gas charge a small account establishment fee....not much else I can think of!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul - much appreciated!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:44 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I was wondering what charges those of you who have already moved house have incurred? So far I'm thinking Foxtel (reinstallation fee), RTA (drivers licence etc), Telstra Phone and Broadband (not sure if they charge?)

Can anyone hi-light anymore to me please? We're thinking of moving out of this rental and I dont want to go into it blind - I need to know how much it will cost me!!!! :scared:

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Foxtel IQ-$100 reinstalled
Telephone Optus-$100,No charge for Broadband (Optus)
Drivers licence,no charge-go on the website & fill in change of address details & they will send you out a sticker to put on your licence,takes about 11/2weeks.
We had to pay $36 establishment fee for gas,last two houses just had electricity.
No charge for transfering electricity cause you will have already paid an $80 establishment fee when your first tenancy started.

We've moved 3times in 11/2 yrs,costs a bloody fortune !!!

Donna.