Reload this Page >

Chance of finding a Sponsor??

Chance of finding a Sponsor??

Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:47 am
Just Joined

doughnutz will become famous soon enough
Smile Chance of finding a Sponsor??

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Brisbane on January the 28th. She has a temporary working visa as she is 31 years old but i'm 36 and was unable to get myself one. We would like to stay in Oz as long as possible.

I've been a self employed carpenter for just over 4 years now and was told by a mate on site that I might be able to get sponsored by a carpentry company that will enable us to extend our stay.

My question to you guys is 'How difficult will it be to find someone to sponsor me and have any of you guys or anyone you know been sponsored'??

We look forward to hearing from you all

All the best

Duncan and Lubica
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default Re: Chance of finding a Sponsor??

Hi

you can look through the thread 457 visas, everyone on there is being sponsored by an employer in OZ. There is also a section on here for OZ buisnesses looking for exact trades (this is on the first page just keep scrolling down till you get to the section called jobs ).
The way we got a sponsor, we went through the internet and white pages to find companies in our trade. Then we either sent them a email or phoned them to see if they would be intrested in sponsoring, if so would send a copy of cv and then took it from there.
Its not easy and most companies will not even reply, but if its something that you want to do just keep trying.
If you need any other info please ask I know how difficult it can be at first

ema
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:13 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any world wide companies that operate both in the uk and Oz? .......

Also trawl through the net for building firms in oz.........
We're on a 457 but not in the same industry s you, I'm sure people in the same boat will be along to help out...........

Good luck

Carmel
Old Nov 27th 2007, 10:31 am
Just Joined

doughnutz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carmele
Are there any world wide companies that operate both in the uk and Oz? .......

Also trawl through the net for building firms in oz.........
We're on a 457 but not in the same industry s you, I'm sure people in the same boat will be along to help out...........

Good luck

Carmel
hi guys

Thankyou for you're advice there i'll have a look through the threads you posted

I can't wait to see what other members have to say aswell.

Cheers for that

Duncan and Lubica