Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Champagne lifestyle

Champagne lifestyle

Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:18 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Champagne lifestyle

Can you take champers on planes? - we have a few bottles that people gave us for our wedding (one of which is a jeroboum) that I want to take with us.

Or does the pressure thing cause problems?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Champagne lifestyle

Originally posted by Pollster
Can you take champers on planes? - we have a few bottles that people gave us for our wedding (one of which is a jeroboum) that I want to take with us.

They do serve champagne out of bottles on flights - but that foil and wire thing at the top could be fashioned into a nasty weapon!

You could decant it into Tupperware before the flight!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:33 pm
Dumb Blonde

I want out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Champagne lifestyle

Could you take them as hand luggage?? You'll just have to drink the jeroboum before you go
You can put aerosols in your case and they don't explode so it may be OK. Think the cold in the hold is more of a problem, not enough alcohol in champers for it not to freeze so it expands and pops the cork. Have a friend who's ex air hostess and now works for a drinks company will ask her for you.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:39 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Thanks I want out, much appreciated - there was an episode on Airline where they refused to take a bottle of champers but I couldn't understand why.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:48 pm
Dumb Blonde

I want out is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I want out, much appreciated - there was an episode on Airline where they refused to take a bottle of champers but I couldn't understand why.
Just spoken to my friend, she said she doesn't think you can put them in the hold due to the possibility of them exploding, she suggest you contact the airline before you pack to check as each airline has different policies, it can be classed dangerous. She also says if you can take them as hand luggage they cannot be stored in overhead lockers so to ask air hostess as you board to store them in the galley for you, they'll even keep them chillled for you. Hope this helps
Emma
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I know EasyJet refused them. It was on that fly on the wall prog.

Best call the airline and check
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You can but they will shaft your hand luggage limit. Just make it look like you are only carry a light bag. Those bottles will weigh a bit. The airlines will only object if you opened them on board.