CFS week 1

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:10 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default CFS week 1

So I went along to the local (Goolwa) branch of the CFS (Country Fire Service) to sign up as a volunteer.

Met some strange and fun people, got me some zip up boots and a fetching pair of overalls in yellow that almost fit. The ensemble is finished off with a white plastic hat with visor.

I couldn't help be reminded of the fire brigade in the film Roxanne

The weekend after next I go on a basic training course and then I might be let loose on a real call.

If any of you locate in a non-metro region and want to break into the local community, try the CFS.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 12:13 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: CFS week 1

I'm now qualified to put out fires. You can salute me if you wish.

God help you all. :scared:

Got my pager to wake me up in the middle of the night when the local hooligans torch a stolen car.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 12:17 pm
Badge

Default Re: CFS week 1

fantastic idea. Great way to make mates.

I rang up last year during the fires to volunteer my services but as I had no PR/citizenship couldn't join up!!!

badge