Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certifying docs Watford Hertfordshire

Wikiposts

Certifying docs Watford Hertfordshire

Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:53 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Certifying docs Watford Hertfordshire

Hi there,
Am trying to get our documents certified and husbands statutory decs done and am being quoted some silly prices. Cant get through to the Magistrates court to get a price to see a JP and solicitors all seem to want to charge at least £5 per document!!
Can anyone give me any ideas as to who i could get them done through?
Many people on here have said they got them done without charge
Any ideas welcome,
Thanks M J
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Certifying docs Watford Hertfordshire

Originally Posted by M J
Hi there,
Am trying to get our documents certified and husbands statutory decs done and am being quoted some silly prices. Cant get through to the Magistrates court to get a price to see a JP and solicitors all seem to want to charge at least £5 per document!!
Can anyone give me any ideas as to who i could get them done through?
Many people on here have said they got them done without charge
Any ideas welcome,
Thanks M J
Got mine done at the Watford Magistrates court (Clarendon Road) for free. Bring in the original and a photocopy.

Also, don't queue up in the wrong line with the people paying fines etc. You go off to another bit to the side - left as you go in the main doors and there's someone at a window counter that goes off and sorts them for you.

Think I just went in and didn't make an appointment too.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, we used one of our friends through the kids football team whose is a police officer, without thankfully any charge as we needed about 10 documents certified with all the certificates. Best of luck, Russ & Sarah (Stevenage, Herts)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:42 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I found that if you speak to the receptionist at the solicitors they will state £20 or so per document. I had about 40 docs. = £800

When I actually spoke to a solicitos they simply charged me for an hour of their time. A lot less!!!

Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:46 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Same as us. Our friend is a copper and we had no problem.

Cheers
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:18 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I was going to use a plod to do ours but read that you cant for migration purposes but you can for anything else which i presume means the Tra?
Also can my husband do his declarations in front of the JP too ?