British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Certifiied copies of documents or not (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/certifiied-copies-documents-not-305751/)

Shaun&Dee May 29th 2005 1:19 pm

Certifiied copies of documents or not

What happens if you send a normal photocopy of a document with the application without realising that they require a certified copy. Will they return your application to you as incorrect or would they just request the proper certified copy of the document document. Sometimes its hard to work out if they do or do not require a cc.
Ta

coxfamuk May 29th 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Certifiied copies of documents or not

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
What happens if you send a normal photocopy of a document with the application without realising that they require a certified copy. Will they return your application to you as incorrect or would they just request the proper certified copy of the document document. Sometimes its hard to work out if they do or do not require a cc.
Ta

Our agent said that every single piece of documentation sent has to be certified as a true copy of the original - and that is a lot of copies!! In some cases, which is stated, they only accept the original. Don't know what they do when a piece of documentation has not been certified.

chris n May 29th 2005 1:34 pm

As part of our application I had a 'short' birth certificate certified for one of the children rather than the 'full' one - the one which states the parents on. When we moved onto the next stage i.e. medicals and police requests we were simply asked to send the copy required.

Chris

Perthforme May 29th 2005 2:24 pm

I guess that if its not cert copy then it is useless to them as getting them cert is leagal proof that it is a genuine copy. If you have sent non cert copies them i would get them done and send them explaning that you put the wrong copies in !

micky May 29th 2005 3:30 pm

Ta

Our experience was:
sent off spouse application
2 weeks later an email from a migration officer with our file number.
Also in the email was the things we had to do before they could continue with the application.
did what we had to do then 2 weeks later - visas :)

When you post or email, be sure to include your migration officers name and file number at all times.

Hope this helps abit. I'm sure they'll email you to send it on

Shona x

eisb May 30th 2005 6:40 pm

I'm in the Certified copies stage, I would like to know if it's recommendable certifiying with a local lawyer or I should go to the embassy to ask the the certification?. Thanks a lot :o

Perthforme May 30th 2005 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by eisb
I'm in the Certified copies stage, I would like to know if it's recommendable certifiying with a local lawyer or I should go to the embassy to ask the the certification?. Thanks a lot :o

Find a local lawyer the oz embassy wont do them for you anyways!

Jane and Russ Middleton May 30th 2005 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by eisb

Hi we just used a local solicitor who was really helpful all we did was take in the original and the copy and she stamped and signed them we didn't even have an appointment she also did stat decs for us too... not too expensive either £2 per certified copy and £5 per stat dec :cool:

Ian_H May 30th 2005 7:43 pm

Ta

Hiya, on the advice of teach your case officer won't request outstanding documentation to process your visa as they assume you should know as many people use an agent. Dont take anything for granted, and forward any outstanding docs as it will hold up the process. As it depends on your case officer, some are more efficient than others you maybe one of the lucky ones. We haven't got an agent, and we haven't heard from our case officer for any outstanding documentation, he must be on long term holiday, just our luck. We have a very slow CO.

Best of Luck

eisb May 30th 2005 10:01 pm

In that case, I will use the local solicitor because at embassy they charge me US$35 for each document... I hope not having any issue with that option... The solicitor recommend me to stamp "True and exact copy from the original" plus her signature and a statment certifiying the documents package; I find it fine What is your opinion? Should the solicitor indicate her address and contact number?

Thanks

Shaun&Dee Jun 5th 2005 8:36 am

Thanks.
What I did in the end was take all of my documents to a local solicitor who certified copied every photocopy of document. He stamped it with his solicitor stamp and signed and stamp certified as a true copy. He cost £2 per page and then rounded the whole lot down to £50. Wanted to make sure that the whole thing was not returned.
Shaun

coxfamuk Jun 5th 2005 8:59 am

Thanks.
What I did in the end was take all of my documents to a local solicitor who certified copied every photocopy of document. He stamped it with his solicitor stamp and signed and stamp certified as a true copy. He cost £2 per page and then rounded the whole lot down to £50. Wanted to make sure that the whole thing was not returned.
Shaun

wow, we were really lucky. Our solicitor charged us a flat rate of £10!!!

joanneS Jun 5th 2005 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
wow, we were really lucky. Our solicitor charged us a flat rate of £10!!!

You were really lucky, our solicitor has charged us £60!!!