Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified Documents Quotes

Certified Documents Quotes

Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:11 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Certified Documents Quotes

I have phoned / Emailed solictors based in Newcastle Upon Tyne to get a price for
11 Documents 2 copies of each
(Passport Page, Unniversity Certificate, 4 University Transcripts, 3 Microsoft Certificates, 1 Microsoft Transcript, 1 Employee Reference)

As I get the prices quotes back I will add to this with the company name so people can get an idea of the cost and to save people in the Newcastle doing the same leg work.

Anyone want to add either for the north east or other areas please do.

Richmonds
£5-£7 per copy
Blackett, Hart and Pratt
Awaiting response
Macks Solictors
Awaiting response
Beecham Peacock
Awaiting response
David Gray
Awaiting response
Hay & Kilner
Awaiting response
Samuel Phillips
Awaiting response
Ward Hadaway
Awaiting response
Latif Solicitors
Awaiting response

Last edited by graz79; Jun 21st 2006 at 11:18 am.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified Documents Quotes

Originally Posted by graz79
I have phoned / Emailed solictors based in Newcastle Upon Tyne to get a price for
(Passport Page, Unniversity Certificate, 4 University Transcripts, 3 Microsoft Certificates, 1 Microsoft Transcript, 1 Employee Reference)

As I get the prices quotes back I will add to this with the company name so people can get an idea of the cost and to save people in the Newcastle doing the same leg work.

Richmonds
£5-£7 per copy
Blackett, Hart and Pratt
Awaiting response
Macks Solictors
Awaiting response
Beecham Peacock
Awaiting response
David Gray
Awaiting response
Hay & Kilner
Awaiting response
Samuel Phillips
Awaiting response
Ward Hadaway
Awaiting response
Latif Solicitors
Awaiting response
I believe you can get them signed by a JP, police officer or clergyman for nothing - maybe a charity donation.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Buzzy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Documents Quotes

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I believe you can get them signed by a JP, police officer or clergyman for nothing - maybe a charity donation.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Buzzy
A clergyman and a police officer are certainly not allowed to charge. Not sure about a JP though.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:26 pm
Nearly living the dream!!

anthonyandkatewagstaff will become famous soon enoughanthonyandkatewagstaff will become famous soon enough

If you can spare the time from work, get yourself down to your local Magistrates Court. They will do it for free. They did with us when we were going through the whole process.
Contact them before hand to clarify when's best for you to go. You'll have to go into court and stand up when the Magistrates come in etc... (bit of an experience for us at the time being law abiding citizens an' all )
Avoid the solicitors if possible. £5-7 per copy is daylight robbery!

Richmonds
£5-£7 per copy
Blackett, Hart and Pratt
Awaiting response
Macks Solictors
Awaiting response
Beecham Peacock
Awaiting response
David Gray
Awaiting response
Hay & Kilner
Awaiting response
Samuel Phillips
Awaiting response
Ward Hadaway
Awaiting response
Latif Solicitors
Awaiting response
Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Certified Documents Quotes

complete rip-off, avoid that solicitor completely.

We are based in North Shields, used a solicitor in Whitley Bay who charged £50 for up to 100 copy documents. They are happy to copy the documents for you, he has a stamp made out with the necessary sentence and a space to sign, and then he signs every copy after checking them over. Also signed as witness to our individual statements, signed photos and true likenesses etc.

send me an email: please contact member by pm for email address and I will give you the telephone number if you like.

Paula

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 21st 2006 at 9:36 pm. Reason: email address removed
Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anthonyandkatewagstaff
If you can spare the time from work, get yourself down to your local Magistrates Court. They will do it for free. They did with us when we were going through the whole process.
Contact them before hand to clarify when's best for you to go. You'll have to go into court and stand up when the Magistrates come in etc... (bit of an experience for us at the time being law abiding citizens an' all )
Avoid the solicitors if possible. £5-7 per copy is daylight robbery!
Went to Beecham and Peacock myself to get certified copies for both Vetassess and visa application. Charged £50 for Vetassess and £15 for visa application, so very happy all in all. I'd done all the photocopying for the visa previously and the solicitor did the certifying there and then, took about half an hour.

Tried the magistrates court in Newcastle and they didn't have a clue what I was on about.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:41 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I have had a better response of this then I have from any of the solictors. One response and that was the one I happened to stick my head in as I passed and even then £5-£7 seems a bit vague!!

Might phone the magistrates court tomorow (although they might remeber me :scared: :scared: )

Cheers Graz
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

We were lucky our solicitor did them free on the condition that we use her when we sale our house .
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lor
We were lucky our solicitor did them free on the condition that we use her when we sale our house .
Hi

a thought for the future, if you are asking someone to write references ask them to print multiple copies and then just send those - saved a lot of hastle, i got 5 copies from everyone, dimia were quite happy with them, just sent a note to say i had multiple copies

Tracy
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:48 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified Documents Quotes

we're using a close family friend who is a police officer...hes doing the certified copies and the stat dec, and photos....its costing us a few bottles of 'champion'...its on the condition he signs them all etc before he drinks all the bottles...
(he didnt ask for the champion...we just know its his favorite tipple...)

Last edited by katsmajic; Jun 21st 2006 at 8:49 pm. Reason: add on
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
we're using a close family friend who is a police officer...hes doing the certified copies and the stat dec, and photos....its costing us a few bottles of 'champion'...its on the condition he signs them all etc before he drinks all the bottles...
(he didnt ask for the champion...we just know its his favorite tipple...)
We're using our local bank manager - when he asked what it was for he said no problem as he's done it for others in same situation - no cost

Ann
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:44 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BertieB
We're using our local bank manager - when he asked what it was for he said no problem as he's done it for others in same situation - no cost

Ann
An update for all who are going to pay for the privelege

I just phoned the local magistrates court (Bedlington). They will not charge as long as you give a couple of days notice and turn up before sessions start,

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

An update for all who are going to pay for the privelege

I just phoned the local magistrates court (Bedlington). They will not charge as long as you give a couple of days notice and turn up before sessions start,

Thanks
We used the solicitor down the road from my office in Dorking (not much good up north, I know, but maybe to others). Browns I think they were called. They were very good, charged #1/copy, but the receptionist just did them as I waited for 10 minutes. And this was over a lunch hour.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

We used a friend living in same street as us, a police officer. My hubby is a gas fitter and gave him loads of advice etc about his boiler. He certified about a zillion different things for us, from certifcates to photos to references , birth cert, and copies of inserts in passport pages. We gave him some vino and that was that. The post office wanted to chrge between 5-7 pounds for each copy, since the police office had to do everything twice firsty for tra application and then for visa application, i would have owed a small fortune.

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really niceJim&Sus is just really nice

Hi,

We contacted our local Council Chambers and asked when there would be a Justice of the Peace available to certify our docs. Got told to come down the next morning and they'd track one down - ended up getting the Lord Provost himself to do it! No cost at all.

Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.