Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified docs - What should the certifying wording say?

Certified docs - What should the certifying wording say?

Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Certified docs - What should the certifying wording say?

We have had our docs certified, and the JP has stamped them on the back with the magistrates court stamp, and signed them "J Bloggs - JP" and dated them.

The JP has NOT put "I certify these are a true copy.... etc etc"

Do we have to go back to the court again to ask him to add this info, or will the stamp, signature and date suffice?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified docs - What should the certifying wording say?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
We have had our docs certified, and the JP has stamped them on the back with the magistrates court stamp, and signed them "J Bloggs - JP" and dated them.

The JP has NOT put "I certify these are a true copy.... etc etc"

Do we have to go back to the court again to ask him to add this info, or will the stamp, signature and date suffice?

Thanks

Buzzy
The stamp and signature should be fine. Some of my docs were signed by our lawyer and they simply had his stamp and signature. I think the first page had something to the effect that he certified the following were true copies. The others were all signed by one of the doctors I worked with and she practically wrote a thesis on each page saying she had seen the original and that she had known me personally for more than 2 years, etc.