Reload this Page >

certified docs ????

certified docs ????

Old Dec 28th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough
Default certified docs ????

Hope you all had a good christmas

does any one know - when they ask for certified copies of all pages that are not blank in your passport do they need

the first three pages i.e. the notes and rules that are the same at the beginning of all brit passports

and the very back page i.e. next of kin/emergency info

and the pages that have tiny stamps on them from holidays in America for instance

or do they just need the personal/photo details page???

only if it's all of them for all of us thats going to be about twenty plus pages to be certified :scared: !!!

what did you all do??

thanks

jax
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:07 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: certified docs ????

Originally Posted by jaxowen
Hope you all had a good christmas

does any one know - when they ask for certified copies of all pages that are not blank in your passport do they need

the first three pages i.e. the notes and rules that are the same at the beginning of all brit passports

and the very back page i.e. next of kin/emergency info

and the pages that have tiny stamps on them from holidays in America for instance

or do they just need the personal/photo details page???

only if it's all of them for all of us thats going to be about twenty plus pages to be certified :scared: !!!

what did you all do??

thanks

jax
Hi Jax...

When we applied for our visas, (July 2001), they didn't ask for copies of our passports. Only our passport No.s.

I can only imagine they must have changed it as some sort of post 9.11 thing??
(Pressure from paranoid, supposedly, "free", Americans, that if you've spent a week sunbathing in the middle east, then you must be a Kalashnikov wielding terrorist!!)

We copied the information pages of our passports & had them certified, just to be on the safe side, & sent them off with our applications.

Hopefully, some of the more recent applicants will be able to clarify this for you.

Cheers... John...

Last edited by Scossie; Dec 28th 2004 at 3:14 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:07 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya jaxowen,
do as it say's - all pages that are not blank in your passport
Remember you get two pages per photocopy!

I think this is so they can see where you have been to.

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hi there

I would agree with Mark, get all the pages done just to be on the safe side. I can't remember what we did for my hubby (spouse visa)...but we had to have LOADS of stuff certified...we went through a solicitor who only charged us for the witnessing of the stat decs we needed for the spouse visa...all the certified stuff he did FOC.

Shop around and don't use a notary public...they charge like a wounded bull...apparently!!

love sophia xxx
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:24 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sophia
hi there

I would agree with Mark, get all the pages done just to be on the safe side. I can't remember what we did for my hubby (spouse visa)...but we had to have LOADS of stuff certified...we went through a solicitor who only charged us for the witnessing of the stat decs we needed for the spouse visa...all the certified stuff he did FOC.

Shop around and don't use a notary public...they charge like a wounded bull...apparently!!

love sophia xxx

I agree with you,mine just charged a flat ammount!

I got my money's woth!
(The solisitor even asked if I would photocopy them for him! but in the end it was down to the secretary!)

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks folks - as always it's reassuring to here what others have to say, i will just copy everything . We all know how they like all the i's dotted and t's crossed so hopefully not too much more of that to do!

jax
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:34 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

We copied rule pages at front, pages that had countries stamps that we had visted (and returned!) and photo main page. We got all this certified just to be safe. Our solicitor charged 50 pound for 45 certified pages and witnessed signatures for my skills assessment, my husbands IEAust skills assessment and my Queensland nursing council registration. I think he will probably not take anything for witnessing signatures on DIMIA application when we are ready as he was very nice. We obviously got extra copies of everything we sent with skills assessments to also enclose with DIMIA application to save too many trips to solicitors.

Lynn

ps can we all get some karma for being so helpful?
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
We copied rule pages at front, pages that had countries stamps that we had visted (and returned!) and photo main page. We got all this certified just to be safe. Our solicitor charged 50 pound for 45 certified pages and witnessed signatures for my skills assessment, my husbands IEAust skills assessment and my Queensland nursing council registration. I think he will probably not take anything for witnessing signatures on DIMIA application when we are ready as he was very nice. We obviously got extra copies of everything we sent with skills assessments to also enclose with DIMIA application to save too many trips to solicitors.

Lynn

Crikey Lynn that sounds a bit steep...by a bit read ALOT!! :scared: Our Stat Decs cost about £5 and like I said cert copies FOC!!...You must have had a lot of "official" stuff to be witnessed perhaps??

Love sophia xx
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Main application went off Oct, we copied & certified all pages in passport to be on the safe side.

Good luck

Sue x
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:41 pm
Happy Daddy

Lynn

Blimey50 pounds!!!! :scared: :scared:
I hope he used his gold pen!

Mine only cost £20 & I had them do two sets (justin case.)

My kalma nees a refill!

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh

My kalma nees a refill!

Bye
Mark

Yeah!! ours was only £20 two copies of each.

Sue x
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by markeh

My kalma nees a refill!

Bye
Mark
Yeah but that was for:

Queensland reg application
ANMC skills assessment
IeAust skills assessment
DIMIA application for me and my hubbie

In all a lot of docs, I felt this was good value as it took solicitor 2 hours to sign the pile - I don't have any surplus copies that aren't needed. A solicitor would normally cost more than 50 quid for 2 hours. I know you can get a JP to do it for free but was quicker to do it this way.

I have heard other posters in nursing forum being asked for 5 pound a sheet for the same applications as me!!! Need less to say they are looking for a JP, but this has delayed things for them.

Good luck everyone
Lynn
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah but that was for:

Queensland reg application
ANMC skills assessment
IeAust skills assessment
DIMIA application for me and my hubbie

In all a lot of docs, I felt this was good value as it took solicitor 2 hours to sign the pile - I don't have any surplus copies that aren't needed. A solicitor would normally cost more than 50 quid for 2 hours. I know you can get a JP to do it for free but was quicker to do it this way.

I have heard other posters in nursing forum being asked for 5 pound a sheet for the same applications as me!!! Need less to say they are looking for a JP, but this has delayed things for them.

Good luck everyone
Lynn

2 Hours!! that explains the 50 quid then

Sue x
Old Dec 28th 2004, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sue2
2 Hours!! that explains the 50 quid then

Sue x
lol!!!!!

Nursing applications are always complex - they ask for so many things to be certified!!! So I think thats why, will all be worth the cost in the end hopefully.

Lynn x
Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

ps can we all get some karma for being so helpful? [/QUOTE]

Thanks lynn
you deserve Karma just for paying all that to a solicito :scared: I don't really know what it is or how to do it although i have spotted the button in the corner so i will give it a go
thanks again
jax