Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified Copies for Visa Application

Certified Copies for Visa Application

Old May 30th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

MarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really nice
Smile Certified Copies for Visa Application

Hi,

Has anyone used a Fully Certified Chartered Accountant to certify copies needed for your Visa application. Or does anyone know whether this is acceptable as we have a friend who is the above, and she was able to certify our Passport applications.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards
Mark
Old May 30th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified Copies for Visa Application

I've friends who are police offices and nurses who've done our passports in the past but I'm still booking to see our Justice of the Peace to do ours - FREE and best option in my opinion. Daren't risk it being anything but spot on!
Old May 30th 2006, 2:03 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copies for Visa Application

Originally Posted by MarkieB
Hi,

Has anyone used a Fully Certified Chartered Accountant to certify copies needed for your Visa application. Or does anyone know whether this is acceptable as we have a friend who is the above, and she was able to certify our Passport applications.

Regards
Mark
Mark I don't think you can use your friend. It has to be someone of legal standing eg. JP, judge, notary public, solicitor etc...

Some people have got their documents certified at their local magistrates court for a flat fee of £8. You could try your local court.

Jackie
Old May 30th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Regards
Mark
We used our solicitor who handled our house purchase - I think they are hoping to handle us selling our place when the visa's come in. They were happy to certify over 100 copies for only around £30 - couldnt get to the local courts during working hours as I was saving all my holiday allowances for the medicals etc. We were advised by our agents that deffo needed legal person to verify and certify the copy documents, certify true likeness of photos and witness statements made by OH regarding some of his employers who have gone bust.
Old May 30th 2006, 3:25 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Hi,

Regards
Mark
I'm also an Accountant and have certified passports but I'm not allowed to certify documents for DIMIA. Their list of who is acceptable is here:

http://www.dimia.gov.au/migration/sk...epareappln.htm