British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Certified copies don’t work for some countries! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/certified-copies-don%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%84%A2t-work-some-countries-108898/)

Gihan Jun 17th 2002 1:46 am

Certified copies don’t work for some countries!

Hi All,

I believe most of the contributors to this forum are from UK. But for the benefit of the people who are joining from other parts of the world, especially from South Asia I would like to give the following information.

I applied for Skilled – Australian Sponsored visa in May, and received my acknowledgement few days ago. With that, I got a letter from the ASPC to submit copies of my degree/diploma certificate through the University. They want them in a sealed envelop directly from the university to validate the authenticity. They don’t accept certified copies anymore. I have graduated from Colombo University, Sri Lanka. I’m not sure to which countries this rule applies? But if anybody thinks that they may fall into the same category, please take the necessary action beforehand. I submitted the original assessment result from ACS. And I hold associate memberships of ACS, BCS and IEEE. But still they want this information.

Also they want the IELTS results through the institute. I submitted the original mark sheet. But that doesn’t work.

So, anybody from South Asia or similar please take the necessary action beforehand.

Rgds
-Gihan

ptlabs Jun 17th 2002 6:34 am

Re: Certified copies don’t work for some countries!

Gihan,

Thanks for your post. Certain countries (mostly South Asian ones) have been required to submit original degree certificates etc for qualification assessment when applying for a New Zealand assessment.

I guess Australia must think that it's a good idea to do so too.

Peter

James Bond Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

Re: Certified copies don't work for some countries!

oh no.. it's sri lankan again !!!

geeee so many of them appy for PR ?? why don't just get a gun and hit India ???

"Gihan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I believe most of the contributors to this forum are from UK. But for the benefit
    > of the people who are joining from other parts of the world, especially from South
    > Asia I would like to give the following information.
    >
    > I applied for Skilled - Australian Sponsored visa in May, and received my
    > acknowledgement few days ago. With that, I got a letter from the ASPC to submit
    > copies of my degree/diploma certificate through the University. They want them in a
    > sealed envelop directly from the university to validate the authenticity. They
    > don't accept certified copies anymore. I have graduated from Colombo University,
    > Sri Lanka. I'm not sure to which countries this rule applies? But if anybody thinks
    > that they may fall into the same category, please take the necessary action
    > beforehand. I submitted the original assessment result from ACS. And I hold
    > associate memberships of ACS, BCS and IEEE. But still they want this information.
    >
    > Also they want the IELTS results through the institute. I submitted the original
    > mark sheet. But that doesn't work.
    >
    > So, anybody from South Asia or similar please take the necessary action beforehand.
    >
    >
    > Rgds -Gihan
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Ranga Guruge Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

Re: Certified copies don?t work for some countries!

Hi Gihan,

Thanks a lot for your information. I being from Sri Lanka as well, your information
was helpful.

Btw, you once answered me in this ng about a question I raised on "state
sponserships". Were you able to get any "state sponsership" ?

Thanks Ranga

Wesley Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

"James Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > oh no.. it's sri lankan again !!!
    >
    > geeee so many of them appy for PR ?? why don't just get a gun and hit India ???

I'm getting tired of this anonymous coward. What is his/her problem with people from
the sub-continent?

wes

James Bond Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

the problem are
1. I don't like so many of them driving TAXI in AUSIE
2. I don't like so many of them working in AUSIE with
3. I don't like so many of them seems to be the most clever MAN in EARTH
4. I don't like so many of them is BLACK !!!!

ok YES I don't like people from INDIA and PAKISTAN because of their SMELL BAD. like
CURRY Chicken.

"Wesley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "James Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > oh no.. it's sri lankan again !!!
    > >
    > > geeee so many of them appy for PR ?? why don't just get a gun and hit India ???
    >
    > I'm getting tired of this anonymous coward. What is his/her problem with people
    > from the sub-continent?
    >
    > wes