Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified Copies

Certified Copies

Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Question Certified Copies

I have read some thread re. who can sign the TRA paperwork but can't seem to find the answer to who can sign Statutory Declarations. Is it ONLY a solicitor who can sign them or can a JP or Barrister do it?

I have a friend who a JPs and another who's a Barrister so it would be great to get it all signed by the same person (not to mention it would be FREE too ! ).

Karen
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copies

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
I have read some thread re. who can sign the TRA paperwork but can't seem to find the answer to who can sign Statutory Declarations. Is it ONLY a solicitor who can sign them or can a JP or Barrister do it?

I have a friend who a JPs and another who's a Barrister so it would be great to get it all signed by the same person (not to mention it would be FREE too ! ).

Karen

A JP can do stat decs
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:12 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
A JP can do stat decs

So can the barrister...................you're quids in
Old Jul 15th 2006, 9:47 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks

Karen
My niece is a solicitor, so called in a favour.
She's coming to stay next year, so we can pay her back!

:-)
Old Jul 16th 2006, 12:07 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
So can the barrister...................you're quids in
Apparently other professional people ie teachers, doctors, ministers of religion etc can too, in Australia anyway.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for replies everyone but this is the advice I received from my Agent re. who can Stat Decs and who can certifiy copies ......

Certifying Documents / Stat Decs

Stat Decs

Statutory Declarations are statements written by you and which have been witnessed and signed by a solicitor.

Certified Documents

Certified Documents are photocopies of original documents that have been signed by an authorised person as ‘True copies of the originals’. Authorised persons in the UK are Solicitors, Notary Publics and Justices of the Peace. People most commonly use high street solicitors to carry out this task for them.

Please do not ask any other person to certify documents for you, such as the police, as they will NOT be accepted by the skills assessing authority

Hope someone else finds this info useful too.

Karen x
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Karen ... I think different agents must work to different rules. Our certified documents were done by police officer and agent more than happy with them.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jothefw
Karen ... I think different agents must work to different rules. Our certified documents were done by police officer and agent more than happy with them.

Hiya

I think you could be right. The reason I posted the question in the first place is because I've read sooooo many different opinions that it was mind boggling!

I think I'll have to stick to what my agent told me now, although I don't understand why a solicitor can sign the stat decs but a Barrister cannot

Take care
Karen