Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified Copies

Certified Copies

Old Feb 8th 2005, 12:47 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Certified Copies

Folks,

Very quick question, can a UK State Registered Nurse sign certified copies of original docs for visa app?

Oh yeah, another one - evidence of English language - it's my first language and I'm British, can I just include a copy of my degree?

Thanks kindly - no doubt I'll be back for more - it's going this week or I'm looking at diviorce!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Certified Copies

Originally Posted by Plug
Folks,

Very quick question, can a UK State Registered Nurse sign certified copies of original docs for visa app?

Oh yeah, another one - evidence of English language - it's my first language and I'm British, can I just include a copy of my degree?

Thanks kindly - no doubt I'll be back for more - it's going this week or I'm looking at diviorce!!
No. I think there's a list of who can sign in the app. or the booklet that goes with the app. Usually solicitor, JP.........if I find the list I'll add it.
HB x
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,

I think this one for the signing might be better on the Immigration site rather than then Lifestyle & Culture......on the evidence of English Language I believe the education in English is fine.

Cheers
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks,

Hi Plug!

Quick answers as far as I know:

I don't think a state registered nurse will be able to do this, you'll need someone with an 'official' stamp, such as a solicitor. I asked this when I was in your position as I'm an accountant and I've been asked to certify passport photos etc. in the UK, so I had assumed one of my mates could do it for me (as an accountant I know friends are rare but what the hell! ).

If you phone around, you should find its not as expensive as you might think. The solicitor we dealt with charged £5 for as many as we liked, but we also found plenty willing to do charge £1 a sheet (much better than a public notary who wanted £60 a go! :scared: ).

Second one's easy. Provided you were born in the UK your birth certificate should be all they need. Note: to save potential hassle later send your full birth certificate (the one with your father and mother's name) if you've got one. We sent the mini ones (wasn't aware there was a difference, it was just the one my mum gave me when I left home) and didn't have a problem, but I seem to remember others have.

Best of luck with the rest of the process.

Dave
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:35 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Checked about certified copies with agent and Dimia and was told that nurse (and others that can sign passport items) can not certify copies of document only a notary (know that is not spelt right) and we do not have them. Only a solicitor (Individual with a offical stamp) would do it cost us for TRA and application over £140.00 to have all our document done. Sorry

about the english language O'level etc certificate will do or if lost it like mine, any educational exam result take with an english board (eg oxford, nuffield) proves that you took the exam in english, and that your english would be of an adequate standard.

Hope this is of some help.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hi Try your local magistrates a JP can certify them we got ours done at the local magitrates and it didnt cost us anything. When you phone up make sure you say that a Jp has to do them as they are not ment to charge you.

As for the english your birth cert is enough but like someone else has said it needs to be a full one stating names of parents
good luck

Debs xxx
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

For the English i just did it as part of my supporting statement. Reiterated born and lived in UK all my life, took all exams in english, it is first language etc. That was enough.

No to the nurse thing although possibly a doctor could??
Good luck

Last edited by desperate2go; Feb 8th 2005 at 2:09 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:32 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Thanks to all who have replied!!

The free JP sounds like a good option!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:42 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the free JP thing.....if you have used a solictor recently for a house sale or have engaged one, they might do it for you free or very cheaply as others stated.

We asked the solictor we used for the previous two house sales and she said fine...we did all the photocopying ourselves and took them in and she used stamp for each one for TRA copies and application. We also had a few extra done and still have some sheets now. For things like birth certificates and other identification items it helped when we had to tidy up a few things back in the UK and here and needed to prove ID without sending originals.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Certifying docs - as above, it must be a solicitor, JP etc.

We used a friend who is a JP, didnt charge a penny, phew!

As for the english language, I used a GCSE result notification from high school which I found in the loft, and my wife used a certificate from night school.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified Copies

I've just posted off our application. Husband passed TRA and everything looks okay so far - phew.

Was a bit concerned about proving my son's English education as he's just turned 15 and hasn't sat any exams yet. Any ideas?

Jan

P.s. this is my first post