Reload this Page >

Certified Copies

Wikiposts

Certified Copies

Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified Copies

Still ploughing through my application - even though I have an agency doing it, they still manage to cock up everytime. My application is going through ACS they have requested that my last employee Original ref needs to be a certified copy - I mean what the hell - its only been a couple of months since I sent it.

I know things are getting hard lately but surely an original document means more. Its seems non stop paying out for certified copies of everything.

Is this normal ?? Just as I thought I was almost there yet again taken away from me - the whole process is almost 2 years now.

Is this pickyness really normal honestly - 2 years to do the right way.......light at the tunnel seems distant again !!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

The companies/organisations that assess skills/certificates etc prefer to have certified copies of originals rather than originals - I know it would seem crazy but thats how they prefer it - they always emphasise this point in their forms - your originals will not be returned to you - so another reason to send them copies. I think - I could be wrong but they have to watch out for fraud some "original" certificates/degrees etc could be fakes - so when they get certified copies - they are certified by a solicitor that can vouch for the authenticity - ACS dont have to vouch for the authenticity - if you know what I mean lol Im waffling!!

Anyway - point is they require certified copies of everything - make sure (if you havent done so already) to have two sets of certified copies made of everything you pass on to the ACS as you will need one set for DIMIA. Shop around for quotes on certified copies. The other thing is - people on this site have stated they have used Magistrates who do not charge - maybe that is an option to save some money.

all the best
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - the certified thingy is really annoying when your paying for each sheet, think I need alternatives. Think I will start looking aroung soonest - as th ACS sent me my ref to check the status but still require my references.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:44 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

My agent has asked for an original work reference, not a certified one. Doesn't make sense does it. I also had to get it redone as it was suitable for my skills assessment but not classed as suitable for my 136 application. It will be worth it in the end.

Sarah
Old Jul 9th 2004, 10:56 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The issue of certifying comes up regularly.
My advise is simple copy everything you have even work references then open you word program create a box with the wording [I think it's "I certify that this is a true copy of a sighted original"] leave a space for a signature and change the ink colour to red or blue so that it shows up easily on a photocopied document. make sure it's located at the bottom of the page [print a test page].
You can then feed all your copies through your printer and take them to a person able to witness such documents. We used a J.P but someone I know used a local councillor and I heard even a school teacher can be used.[not dissing school teachers]
All you will have is an official looking box with a signature in it and the person the other end takes a quick glance. Seriously it could be the milkman's signature how do they know and why would they care as long as it looks official that's all they worry about.