Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certification nightmare

Certification nightmare

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Certification nightmare

I have had a day of total and utter frustration.

We have to have some documents certified for our temporary residence visa application.

I have been told for this type of visa application that it can be done at police station, post office, bank, registered medical practitioner, solicitor, magistrate, Justice of the Peace. (From what I understand only a public notary or Justice of the Peace can certify document for a permanent visa application.)

-The police office say they no longer do certifications.
-The post office says they no longer do certifications.
-The bank manager - gave me a long story about fact that he doesn’t' know me personally.
-The solicitors were out to lunch - come back next day - charge is £5 for first page and £2 for each page thereafter
-The GP wanted to charge £78
-There isn't a magistrate office in my town.
-And I don't know who the Justice of the Peace is.

So I have wasted an entire day and haven't got any documents certified.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:34 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification nightmare

Originally Posted by Luma

We have to have some documents certified for our temporary residence visa application.

I have been told for this type of visa application that it can be done at police station, post office, bank, registered medical practitioner, solicitor, magistrate, Justice of the Peace. (From what I understand only a public notary or Justice of the Peace can certify document for a permanent visa application.)

-The bank manager - gave me a long story about fact that he doesn’t' know me personally.
-The solicitors were out to lunch - come back next day - charge is £5 for first page and £2 for each page thereafter

I read a thread a day or so ago about documents getting cetified and the poster said they actually called into the courts and got the job done and even better they didn't charge....it doesnt have to be someone who knows you they just have to certify that they have witnessed the origional so tell the bank manager he is being a tit

Good luck hope you get it sorted.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the court in woking and got the JP to do it there for £14 for piles and piles of stuff. This was after we paid the local soliciter £5 per page for the TRA.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:37 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a magistrates court nearby? You could try your local town hall as well they have a list of JP's etc... I had a simelar problem and rang a small local solicitors firm just outside of town. She certified them for me on the same day and only charged me £20.

Jackie x
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:38 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
I read a thread a day or so ago about documents getting cetified and the poster said they actually called into the courts and got the job done and even better they didn't charge....it doesnt have to be someone who knows you they just have to certify that they have witnessed the origional so tell the bank manager he is being a tit

Good luck hope you get it sorted.
Tell the banker he is being a w*nker! lol
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Tell the banker he is being a w*nker! lol

PMSL
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: Certification nightmare

We got our documents certified at the magistrates court it cost £8 for over 170 docs, it did take nearlly a whole day though as we had to keep going in between hearings and sometimes had to sit and listen to sentencing!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:03 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pink & Fluffy
We got our documents certified at the magistrates court it cost £8 for over 170 docs, it did take nearlly a whole day though as we had to keep going in between hearings and sometimes had to sit and listen to sentencing!

170 ........i only had about 40, shit !!! hope i have sent enough
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
170 ........i only had about 40, shit !!! hope i have sent enough
We only had about 40 too. Don't worry
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:07 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by WendyC
We only had about 40 too. Don't worry
I probably had a bout 60-70 but they were duplicated twice, one copy for skills assessment and one for visa.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you guys have made me smile I have phoned up the bank and it sounds like the chap I saw at lunch time didn't really know his stuff. The bank said they will do it.

It is only 14 pages that I need for now.

Will need to do a lot more when we send off skills assessment - but for that we have to use a public notary as IEAUST demand it!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I probably had a bout 60-70 but they were duplicated twice, one copy for skills assessment and one for visa.
I only had to send one copy to our agents and they certified the ones for the visa application
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

hello

i got my certificates done at the local post office..only asked to see originals..cost me a bunch of flowers..

and that was only done in Jan this year...

regards

lolly
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:31 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by WendyC
I only had to send one copy to our agents and they certified the ones for the visa application
I am my own agent! lol. (god forbid)
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

We ended up paying £176 at Courts - looks like we were ripped off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.