Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?

Certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?

Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:00 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?

Dear All,

How I am an Australian Permenant Resident , how I can obtain a certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?Is photocopy of visa not sufficient?

Thanks,
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Dear All,

How I am an Australian Permenant Resident , how I can obtain a certificate of Permenant Resident Form 283?Is photocopy of visa not sufficient?

Thanks,
Who is it for? Some agencies may just want a photocopy of the visa, others may want sight the original or have see a certified copy of the photo page as well as the visa. The certificate you ask for is probably available from your local DIMIA office.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Dear All,

Thanks,
I have never encountered a situation where showing your passport was insufficient. You will not need this certificate.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
I have never encountered a situation where showing your passport was insufficient. You will not need this certificate.

Some people with PR don't have valid passports and can't obtain them.

Form 164 is useful for some, there is a fee (details on form 990i)
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/164.pdf

Jeremy
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Some people with PR don't have valid passports and can't obtain them.
Jeremy
I'd not thought of that... If I was one of them I would be getting aussie citizenship asap!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
I'd not thought of that... If I was one of them I would be getting aussie citizenship asap!

Usually people from those countries go for Australian citizenship as soon as they can, but they still need to wait the two years.

Jeremy