Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ceramic Tiling in Ozz.

Ceramic Tiling in Ozz.

Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

cshh69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ceramic Tiling in Ozz.

Hoping to emigrate next year to the Perth area.Can anyone tell me if thats the best place for work for a Ceramic Tiler??Also what sort of rates per sqm/hour are the norm?

Last edited by cshh69; Apr 12th 2007 at 10:06 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ceramic Tiling in Ozz.

Dont know about Perth itself but down here in Bunbury we had a shortage, and they were getting paid megabucks (I know early this year it was $60/sq mt). We have finished building now so not sure of the current situation but may be worth contacting a few tiling companies to find out.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:25 am
Just Joined

cshh69 is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds pretty good.But what is the normal rate of pay?Any idea how much you can earn in Sydney?Can i get sponsored easy enough?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry no idea...
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Originally Posted by cshh69
Hoping to emigrate next year to the Perth area.Can anyone tell me if thats the best place for work for a Ceramic Tiler??Also what sort of rates per sqm/hour are the norm?
alright mate! sponsorship is hard to get. plus your tied for 2 years and what happens if your boss is a tool? try a skilled visa and work for yourself if you can or just find the tilers in the area you move to and take it from there! i worked in queensland for 4 months ''tiler'' the money there was $30-40 tops per m2 thats subby to a builder! its worse for a tiler $25-35 hr crap!
nearly all floors basicly the ground floor except the living room! and 600mm of the bath ''splashbacks'' unless they pay for extra! averagehouse is 120m2 should do it in a week if you get stuck in! beware movement joints everywhere witch you have to silicone walls and floor! $3600 @ $30m2
no shower trays just a base that you have to sand cement screed with falls to a drain then tile it $150 per base
$3 m-lin for silicone work . all wet areas are tanked for you the wall adhesive is like piss but the tiles hang because the walls are cementsheet! floor stuff is the same but not rapid set! nowt to worry about! get visa fly uo out then get grafting!!!! good luck mate!!!!!!!