Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CentreLink Rent rebates? Anyone know about this?

CentreLink Rent rebates? Anyone know about this?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 5:50 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CentreLink Rent rebates? Anyone know about this?

I noticed on someone's to do list some information stating that when we migrate to OZ, Centrelink will give us a rent rebate of up to $100 per week until we find employment.

Now this sounds too good to be true, anyone heard of this?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CentreLink Rent rebates? Anyone know about this?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I noticed on someone's to do list some information stating that when we migrate to OZ, Centrelink will give us a rent rebate of up to $100 per week until we find employment.

I don't think you're entitled to any assistance for the first 2 years (child benefit being the exception)
Get a job...
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know you do, Fraser mentioned he was getting something as he is not working yet, due to not having a plumbers license, and it wasn't "dole money" as you aren't entitled to that for 2 years. You can also get first home buyers grant worth a few thou, could depend on what state your'e in though. Hope this helps a bit, no doubt someone will know for sure.
Lol x
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:37 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

You're entitled to family assistance, we get roughly $200 a week which goes down once you are earning over $33000 a year to something like $50 a week.

As for rent they kept asking us to apply for it but we haven't yet, so definitely entitled to it.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link for the website, should be able to find out from there.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...assistance.htm

We are going to Adelaide and the rent you a houses for 12 weeks for 25% rent, maybe they do that where you're going. Worth looking into.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
You're entitled to family assistance, we get roughly $200 a week which goes down once you are earning over $33000 a year to something like $50 a week.

As for rent they kept asking us to apply for it but we haven't yet, so definitely entitled to it.
The site says you can get the rent assistance if you get the family assistance, if they don't have kids then they won't get either?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
The site says you can get the rent assistance if you get the family assistance, if they don't have kids then they won't get either?
I'm not sure Ruth, I thought eveyone was entitled to the RA.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

You may well be right Fraser!
I thought I read that you didn't get anything except child benefit for the first 2 years, maybe its changed? We don't get anything - I got the forms for the child benefit but it was about 50 pages long so I've not tackled it yet!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:59 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

RA is means tested, we got it when we were in the rental...hubby was working but we still got $30 roughly a week......its all part of the family tax benefit....claim anyway u just never know, every little helps. In the first 2 years we are no entitled to unemployment benefit
Old Jan 6th 2006, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Does anybody know whether its 2 years as a permanent resident or say 18 months temporary 6 months permanent?
My daughter wants to apply for youth allowance, i kepp telling her we haven't been permanent residents for long enough but she won't listen.

Mandy
Old Jan 6th 2006, 10:41 pm
ABCDiamond

The majority of new Migrants to Australia will have to wait a period totalling 104 weeks of residence before becoming eligible for most Government Benefits. However, there are a few that are available without this qualifying waiting period, and these do relate to Families with Children.

The main benefits consist of:

Family Tax Benefit Part A - for parents or carers to help with the cost of raising children.

Family Tax Benefit Part B - for single income families or sole parents.

Child Care Benefit - for families to help with the cost of child care.

Rent Assistance may also be paid, if you get more than the base rate of Family Tax Benefit Part A and pay rent privately.

The above benefits are Income tested.

Maternity Payment - A one off lump sum to help with the extra costs of a new baby, born or adopted.

Maternity Immunisation Allowance - To help towards Immunisation Costs

Benefits

Old Jan 6th 2006, 10:47 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: CentreLink Rent rebates? Anyone know about this?

Originally Posted by Mandyisere
Does anybody know whether its 2 years as a permanent resident or say 18 months temporary 6 months permanent?
My daughter wants to apply for youth allowance, i kepp telling her we haven't been permanent residents for long enough but she won't listen.

Mandy
God this thread,

the amount of threads I have read about people leaving the UK because of immigrants coming in and sponging off the state....

bit rich me thinks....
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:01 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sloake
God this thread,

the amount of threads I have read about people leaving the UK because of immigrants coming in and sponging off the state....

bit rich me thinks....
a shame

Last edited by paulf; Jan 6th 2006 at 11:09 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:03 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sloake
God this thread,

bit rich me thinks....

nice post....was just about to say the same
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Del Boy
nice post....was just about to say the same
So I'm entitled to family allowance, I'm not entitled to work as I can't get a licence.

What should I do starve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.