Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Centrelink Payment ?????

Centrelink Payment ?????

Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Question Centrelink Payment ?????

Hi,

I came to Australia abt 1 1/2 months back. I'm currently staying in my uncles house. My wife and baby(6 months) will come in Nov to join me. So we are thinking of renting a unit for us. If we do so, do we get rent assistance ? Or that too be getting after 2 years ? I got to know that i'll be getting some amount for child as family assistance ? Is it true ?

Me too still looking for a job, so can anybody suggest, how much will we get approx for a month ?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Centrelink Payment ?????

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi,

I came to Australia abt 1 1/2 months back. I'm currently staying in my uncles house. My wife and baby(6 months) will come in Nov to join me. So we are thinking of renting a unit for us. If we do so, do we get rent assistance ? Or that too be getting after 2 years ? I got to know that i'll be getting some amount for child as family assistance ? Is it true ?

Me too still looking for a job, so can anybody suggest, how much will we get approx for a month ?
Hopefully you wont get any of my tax. Why should you come to Australia and expect to live on handouts?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Hopefully you wont get any of my tax. Why should you come to Australia and expect to live on handouts?
I agree with you too...

Get a job like the rest of us or piss of back home
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He's actually trying quite hard to get a job - its clear from previous posts he isn't intending to live on handouts. And its a fair enough question as I think the vast majority of people who migrate here and are eligible claim the child/family assistance payment - certainly judging from posts on here they do.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Try this link

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...ents/ftb_a.htm
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:40 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,

It will vary depending on your income for the year.

Be aware that whatever you receive during the year will be reviewed at the end of the year, and depending on your income, you may have to pay some back or get an extra payment.

Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Why not everyone goes to the uk to live on handouts,
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No, you don't have to wait 2 years to be entitled to rent assistance. Providing you have PR then you can get rent assistance and family tax benefit straight away.

Hope you have some luck getting a job soon
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Hi,

You will not be able to claim centrelink payment ( new sart alowance) until you have been here for 2 years,
You will be able to claim family tax benefit and rent assistance, however this will be income based.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

If you were only awear of what your tax money is spent on, you would be more than happy to help a genuine family, who is looking for work
You have serial course players, people that have never worked since leaving school,
The goverment pays for electrical licances, realestate licances, the list is endless, mobile phones, interview clothes, petrol vouchers, the longer they are on centrelink the more they get. The system is f..... ,
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly123
No, they don't. New non-EU migrants to UK are not entitled to benefits either.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

I doubt you are in Australia. Because then you should have known the situation here. I'll tell the thing to you to understand. I came to Dandenong, Victoria on end of July. Since then i'm searching for jobs and couldn't find at least a part time. My wife and 6 month old child will come in Nov, so i have to plan for worst case by that time. Thats y i ask this question. Because i can't keep my child starving here.

My friend, if you know an answer to a question, then give the answer to it rather than telling other things. Because neither you gave me visa nor you give me centrelink payments.

I'll not going to reply you, though what ever you post for my thing. Because its a waste of my time.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly123
Total nonsense.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:43 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

being a migrant is expensive and you can't be guaranteed to find work quickly. Most people have enough to keep them going cos they know they can't claim for two years.

It's tough but relying on benefits when you come to live in Aus as a migrant is not a good idea
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
being a migrant is expensive and you can't be guaranteed to find work quickly. Most people have enough to keep them going cos they know they can't claim for two years.

It's tough but relying on benefits when you come to live in Aus as a migrant is not a good idea
I don't think the OP is trying to rely on benefits. He's asking a simple question; whether he as a PR is entitled to child benefit and rent assistance. The same things many - no, most - of the other permanent residents on this site have taken advantage of. If you came here with young children you would have been entitled just like we were/are and it's most likely you would have applied just like the rest of us have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.