Centrelink CRN

Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Centrelink CRN

Came here as a temp resident entitled to didly squat so centrelink didn't matter. Got PR and have since submitted 2 years claims as a lump sum after the end of the relevant tax year. I have 3 kids and have claimed the usual Family A&B malarky. For one of the 3 I also got child care benefit as he was in kindy.

Now the question is I have a CRN as a result of these claims and so does child no 3 but I have nothing with CRN numbers on for the other 2 kids (or OH for that matter).

I can't remember how I got the CRN in the first place. Can someone tell me if the other 2 kids would already have a number in the system and how to find it or how to get them one. About to use child care for them for the first time and want to be able to claim the relevant at the end of the tax year and need to provide this number to the child care.

And thats before I try and sort out the mess that is their immunisation history......
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Centrelink CRN

It seems that Centrelink assign CRNs when you put the kids on your first registration/application/whatever. I was the same as you as monkey n°1 got a CRN when I applied for health care card but I didn't think that monkey n°2 had one. I called Centrelink after the childcare centre asked for it and they said "but of course he has one, here it is ". So in short, it might not appear on any of the paperwork they send you, but it is assigned to the child as soon as they get wind of said child
Best bet is to bite the bullet and call them.Have to say they've actually always been very quick and helpful on the phone
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:44 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to your local office and use the phones available to ring their callcentre about your other children not having CRNs I always find the calls are answered very quickly from there too
J x
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:26 am
ABCDiamond

Centrelink call centres may be a bit busy at the moment, due to flood claims, therefore more patience than normal may be needed.

Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:22 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Centrelink call centres may be a bit busy at the moment, due to flood claims, therefore more patience than normal may be needed.
My phonecall to them was 6 months ago. I think due to the circumstances of the above, maybe email them with your details
J x