Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Wikiposts

Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice
Default Re: Central London Meet - Sunday March 13

tracey,
where did you buy the book , i can't find it on amazon!
kate
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateandderek
tracey,
where did you buy the book , i can't find it on amazon!
kate
no we didnt get it from amazon,the website is

www.where2live.info i know shes bringing one out for brisbane as well,we re looking out for that one.
Did you know theres an australalian shop in covent garden,we went there before the meet on sunday,,it has lots of books and maps in there as well,although it doesnt have the one from chantel dunbar,but it also has a website www.australiashop.co.uk

tracey
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

thanks for that. i'll have a look now
cheers
kate
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Phew! Finished work at last and now I'm finally able to post!

What a great meet! Thanks to Neil and everyone who was there and thus contributed to a successful day all around!

Great to meet you all and finally put faces to the names.

Now all I have to do is wait four years and see you all out there!

Yeah it was good to meet up was`nt it!! 4 years and heres me moaning

Karma sent out as promised...well to the ones that I can, will send the rest later

Keep intouch all

Sue & Chris
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:08 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Yeah it was good to meet up was`nt it!! 4 years and heres me moaning

Karma sent out as promised...well to the ones that I can, will send the rest later

Keep intouch all

Sue & Chris
Hi Sue, ta for karma, I've sent you some back and to a heap of others who were there. Now I have to wait until tomorrow before it'll let me give karma to the rest!

Take care.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Sue, ta for karma, I've sent you some back and to a heap of others who were there. Now I have to wait until tomorrow before it'll let me give karma to the rest!

Take care.
Me too, wont let me send anymore, but will do promise
thanks tony

tracey
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi John and Netta

Now that my hangover is subsiding I recall that we spoke about shipping insurance quotes.

A competitve rate can be found from:

www.lettonpercival.co.uk

Cheaper than the quotes from the shipping firms themsleves, and as far as I can tell from the terms and conditions, has equally good cover IMO. This firm is mentioned on some other threads too, so maybe a BE search may be useful.

Neil
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate and Derek.

Now that you have seen reason and are DEFINITELY headed to Brisbane / Bayside / Gold Coast (tee hee hee!!) have a look at the suburb info on here :
http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...rits/index.php

ABC Diamond is always really helpful on suburb information so this forum would be really helpful for Bayside area. And Mrs Dagboy is really helpful on Brisbane and surroundings.

I'm terribly sorry if John has brainwashed you, but I would say that if you can get used to the heat in the summer, then this is definitely a great area. Specially considering your job situations. And if you're really not sure? Just rent for a while when you get there. You haven't got kids to consider in terms of schooling, so if you change your mind, it won't be such a terrible upheaval. And both your jobs are highly desirable, wherever you land up. GO FOR IT!!!!!! Sending you some Karma to help you on your way......

Netta
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Hi Kate and Derek.

Now that you have seen reason and are DEFINITELY headed to Brisbane / Bayside / Gold Coast (tee hee hee!!) have a look at the suburb info on here :
http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...rits/index.php

ABC Diamond is always really helpful on suburb information so this forum would be really helpful for Bayside area. And Mrs Dagboy is really helpful on Brisbane and surroundings.

I'm terribly sorry if John has brainwashed you, but I would say that if you can get used to the heat in the summer, then this is definitely a great area. Specially considering your job situations. And if you're really not sure? Just rent for a while when you get there. You haven't got kids to consider in terms of schooling, so if you change your mind, it won't be such a terrible upheaval. And both your jobs are highly desirable, wherever you land up. GO FOR IT!!!!!! Sending you some Karma to help you on your way......

Netta

hi netta,

thanks for that web site address, i had a look and it is great, i have to sign up. there is some great information on it.
we are really interested in brisbane, it seems to have it all.
you are right, if we don't like it, we just move ( to melbourne neil if you are listening!!!), we will rent for a while to begin with.

neil, thanks of the offer of your friend, we might pull you up on that sometime.

BRISBANE HERE WE COME!!!!!!

thanks again for all your help.
see you all soon
kate and derek.