Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast / Sydney

Central Coast / Sydney

Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough
Default Central Coast / Sydney

My hubby and 2 year old son are flying out to Sydney at the end of June. We know no-one and would love to meet other British that live in the Central Coast area or Sydney city.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:33 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Central Coast / Sydney

Originally Posted by tartancarly
My hubby and 2 year old son are flying out to Sydney at the end of June. We know no-one and would love to meet other British that live in the Central Coast area or Sydney city.
Hi tartancarly and welcome to the forum

There's quite often meets in Sydney so keep an eye out nearer the time. Don't know many on the central coast, how far up are you looking at?

Just thought I'd give you a bump anyway.
Good luck.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 9:11 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tartancarly

We started out on the central coast but decided on Sydney's northern beaches in the end. A few names on the Central Coast spring to mind - Joho and Jimclevs and there are definitely others so you should manage to get up a crowd.

Good luck.

Binbird
Old Apr 8th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi tartancarly

We started out on the central coast but decided on Sydney's northern beaches in the end. A few names on the Central Coast spring to mind - Joho and Jimclevs and there are definitely others so you should manage to get up a crowd.

Good luck.

Binbird
Some one remembered me, I'm touched. Yes I live on the Central Coast and so does seniora Jo although we still havent managed to meet for coffee yet. Drop me a PM when you are here and I will gladly meet you for a coffee and chat.

Jo
Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:47 am
Just Joined

vwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Central Coast / Sydney

Originally Posted by joho
Some one remembered me, I'm touched. Yes I live on the Central Coast and so does seniora Jo although we still havent managed to meet for coffee yet. Drop me a PM when you are here and I will gladly meet you for a coffee and chat.

Jo
we are in kincumber on central coast

avoca last week ,the swell that we had been waiting hit

Last edited by vwboomer; Apr 9th 2006 at 12:01 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 2:56 pm
Travelling Taffy

Bungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura aboutBungle G Bear has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Central Coast / Sydney

We are in the process of finding a place near Sydney to live. (at least within an hour from CBD) Central Sydney is completely out of our price range, and outer suburbs West (Shire) area seem just as close to areas like Woy Woy on the Central Coast, and even Wollongong doesn't seem that far away. Both of those seem to offer good value housing and both seem to have beautiful beaches. Have you thought of anywhere in particular? We have been drawn to Woy Woy, there is a direct line to Sydney and only takes an hour. Does anyone know anything about Woy Woy and surrounding areas?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 sons who live on the Central Coast. One at Blue Bay the other at Umina. My daughter-in-law told me to tell you lot that it is horrible and not to go there. Actually, it's great but she doesn't want any more people to go there.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:24 am
Just Joined

vwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant futurevwboomer has a brilliant future

the only good thing imo about woy woy is the railway station being handy,umina is plagued by teenager problems,do your self a favour ,there are way better places to move to.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 11:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

keep an eye on this. u wont make this one, but if u have a chat to some posting here. u will then at least know someone when u get here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367329
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vwboomer
the only good thing imo about woy woy is the railway station being handy,umina is plagued by teenager problems,do your self a favour ,there are way better places to move to.
There has been one recent incident in Umina that made the news. It was disgusting. I would hardly call that "plagued with teenage problems." There are teenagers there, as everywhere, that need a good kick up the a**e! I have lived in Sydney for a very long time and this is the first time that Umina has been in the news. Lots of people on this site seem to go to Terrigal. Apparently that's where the drug dealers live, so the locals say.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

We are having a meet just before you get here but we have them evry month or two so keep your eyes open. It's a good way to begin to get to know people. Also you will always find locals here in Sydney online who will be happy to give support, information and advice. ... If you ask for it

Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

we are in kincumber on central coast

avoca last week ,the swell that we had been waiting hit

These are realy fantastic shots - did you take them?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ian12
These are realy fantastic shots - did you take them?
indeed,from the same sesh,

view of the sunset from our back yard looking over the mountain
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
keep an eye on this. u wont make this one, but if u have a chat to some posting here. u will then at least know someone when u get here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367329

Thanks for the plug Soapy and a reminder that the next Sydney meet is on the 27th May. Bring a bottle and a smile. See Meet Ups
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are you sure you are in the correct occupation? Photographer surely?

indeed,from the same sesh,

view of the sunset from our back yard looking over the mountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.