Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast rail network. Improvements?

Central Coast rail network. Improvements?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Central Coast rail network. Improvements?

Hope you can shed some light guys.

We are seriously looking at living in or around Terrigal NSW. I have read old threads about the poor quality of the rail network there. Has anybody heard if there's plans to improve the service in the future?

Also, can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes to drive from Terrigal to Gosford or the nearest train station?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Central Coast rail network. Improvements?

Bump

Anyone?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:53 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter

We are seriously looking at living in or around Terrigal NSW. I have read old threads about the poor quality of the rail network there. Has anybody heard if there's plans to improve the service in the future?

Also, can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes to drive from Terrigal to Gosford or the nearest train station?
Can't answer your questions....... yet.......! But we are due to arrive in North Avoca on the Central Coast on 13th September so if you can wait til then!.....

Binbird
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by binbird
Can't answer your questions....... yet.......! But we are due to arrive in North Avoca on the Central Coast on 13th September so if you can wait til then!.....

Binbird
Binbird
we are thinking of moving to Avoca, I hope you do not mind me asking but what is it that is making you move there.Tara
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali south
Binbird
we are thinking of moving to Avoca, I hope you do not mind me asking but what is it that is making you move there.Tara
Not that I am keeping secrets from anyone but to avoid hijacking this thread, I will pm you.......

Binbird
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey! I dont mind you hijacking it. The more info about the area the better.

Doesnt seem to be talked about that often.

My main concern is just previous threads in the archives bemoaning the rail service, which made me wonder if any improvements are in the pipeline, or, if it really is as bad as its made out to be.

Share your info Binbird, or at least pm me also. I'm nosey too
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

My main concern is just previous threads in the archives bemoaning the rail service, which made me wonder if any improvements are in the pipeline, or, if it really is as bad as its made out to be.

I will ask my sister who lives in Sydney and has mates in Avoca, sorry to hijack your thread
Tara
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:18 am
Birds of a feather . . .

No info to share but have pm'ed you!

Binbird
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:51 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of work being done on the Bondi line (making me late for the pub) which regularly overruns into Mondays. At the moment city rail is cutting services because it does not have enough train drivers. The NSW auditor has rapped cityrail over the knuckles for not knowing or being able to know the timeliness of its trains. Anyone who has watched the time for the next train increase will know what I mean. Amazulu seems to be aware of some upcoming work. Beware of state government proposals for network expansion. They take decades to happen and the full line is not implemented. The Chatswood to Parramatta line will terminate at Epping, not Chatswood.

For upcoming trackwork have a look here.

http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/trackwork/trackwork.jsp
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:14 pm
Merlot

Hi there

Not sure if I can help with relevant info as not lived there since March 2004. The train/commute experience is not one I personally enjoyed. If you don't mind standing for around 1-2 hours there then the same back, with heat, you could be fine. Then there is the delays and trains back from Sydney just not turning up!!!! Usually with a BIG apology from City Rail!

The infrastructure road wise on the Coast was becoming a problem, too many people not enough tarmac to drive on. Not sure if this has improved much.

From Terrigal to Gosford, not sure around half hour??? Any can help? I lived Point Clare and never went to Terrigal much - too many menopausal ladies doing lunch with gold shoes Mind there was a fab Candy Shop that sold British goodies.

Try Gosford Council about upgrades, they may know.

You have to try it for yourself though, good luck.

Merlot

Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou for the info Merlot.

We wont be working in Sydney itself so hopefully will not be using the trains for commuting. We were more thinking of off peak travel into Sydney at the weekends and for other social occasions and events.

I should fit in well with the Terrigal ladies. I am ashamed to admit i own a pair of gold shoes :scared: although not menopausal just yet
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:58 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Thankyou for the info Merlot.

We wont be working in Sydney itself so hopefully will not be using the trains for commuting. We were more thinking of off peak travel into Sydney at the weekends and for other social occasions and events.

I should fit in well with the Terrigal ladies. I am ashamed to admit i own a pair of gold shoes :scared: although not menopausal just yet
I read Merlot's bit about the gold shoes and sank back in my chair, wondering whether to confess to owning a pair myself, but if you are big enough to then count me in as well! I'm a thirty-something so hoping not to be menopausal yet either!

Binbird (of the gold shoes club!)
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:36 pm
Merlot

Flutterscutter & Binbird, you wil fit in nicely

I am 35 and teetering on the edge of Gold Shoes, who knows even the menopause

It was my hubby's observation and became one of those associations with Terrigal

M

Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:59 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by Merlot
Flutterscutter & Binbird, you wil fit in nicely

I am 35 and teetering on the edge of Gold Shoes, who knows even the menopause

It was my hubby's observation and became one of those associations with Terrigal

M
I turned 36 in March and have owned my gold shoes for over a year - watch out Merlot - you could be next! :scared:

Binbird (no where near the menopause!)
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ali south
I will ask my sister who lives in Sydney and has mates in Avoca,
Tara
just got an email from my sister in Sydney

"just spoke to a girl who lives up at Central Coast and she said the terminal is built and she thinks it's due to start operating from 2006. It's at Ettalong/Woy Woy."
Hope that makes sense
Tara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.