Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast-Newcastle Meet-up

Central Coast-Newcastle Meet-up

Old May 27th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Central Coast-Newcastle Meet-up

Hi people,

Some of you may remember us from the last Central Coast Meet with Jim & Gill, Janet and Derek, Jo and 'bump' etc. We live in Charlestown and wonder if anyone is up for a meet-up either somewhere around Lake MacQuarie e.g. Belmont, Warners Bay or in Newcastle? Derek and Anna have now arrived in Oz so it would be good to get together soon but as Jim and Gill are away til end of June, we suggest setting a date in July. Please could you indicate your preferences for venue and possible dates and we will set abolut sorting something out.

Hope all is going well with you all and look forward to hearing from you.
If a weekend lunch-time date would be more suitable for those with kiddies then let us know and we will see what we can do. (or maybe you would like an evening out??)

Regards Linda & Keith
Old May 27th 2007, 11:23 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Central Coast-Newcastle Meet-up

hi
we are in eleebana lake macquarie, would love a meet up thats a bit closer to home!! we have kids, but wouldnt mind a grown up night out!!! but can go with whatever decision, just let us know!!!
jenny
Old May 28th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Sounds like a good idea, have not been up that far yet so a bit of exploring as well!
We are up it at the moment but a lot can happen in a month or so - particularly when house hunting!!!
Derek and Anna
Old May 28th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only 25 min away from Newcastle, if I'm free then I could most likely be persuaded to come out for a drink! Am happily childless, but always happy to play with other people's children as long as they are cute. (If they cry or whinge then I hand them back! )
Old May 28th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I would like to tag onto this thread if that's ok! I am in the Hunter Valley, arived September last year with O/H and 3 kids, boys of 12 and 9 and girl of 6.

Would be happy to come with or without kids. Don't mind in terms of meet up location, will go with the flow. There are quite a number of us in the surrounding areas of Newcastle now!

Will wait to hear more details.

Nikki
Old May 28th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi people,

Some of you may remember us from the last Central Coast Meet with Jim & Gill, Janet and Derek, Jo and 'bump' etc. We live in Charlestown and wonder if anyone is up for a meet-up either somewhere around Lake MacQuarie e.g. Belmont, Warners Bay or in Newcastle? Derek and Anna have now arrived in Oz so it would be good to get together soon but as Jim and Gill are away til end of June, we suggest setting a date in July. Please could you indicate your preferences for venue and possible dates and we will set abolut sorting something out.

Hope all is going well with you all and look forward to hearing from you.
If a weekend lunch-time date would be more suitable for those with kiddies then let us know and we will see what we can do. (or maybe you would like an evening out??)

Regards Linda & Keith
Hi Linda & Keith

We met you at the last central coast meet, how are you settling in.
We would like to join the meet. Again we dont mind whether its night or a day meet, preferably not the w/e of the 7 & 8 July for us but we can do the w/e's either side of this date.
What about meeting in Warners Bay or Belmont, the yacht club is lovely there.

Caz
Old May 28th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Hi Linda & Keith

We met you at the last central coast meet, how are you settling in.
We would like to join the meet. Again we dont mind whether its night or a day meet, preferably not the w/e of the 7 & 8 July for us but we can do the w/e's either side of this date.
What about meeting in Warners Bay or Belmont, the yacht club is lovely there.

Caz
Hello, yes we do remember you. All is going well for us so far and glad you would like to join the meet. We too thought Belmont would be a good venue and were thinking of either the Yacht Club or the Gunya Hotel. Will avoid 7th/8th July and will let you know time, date etc once we have decided.

Regards Linda & Keith
Old May 29th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Hello, yes we do remember you. All is going well for us so far and glad you would like to join the meet. We too thought Belmont would be a good venue and were thinking of either the Yacht Club or the Gunya Hotel. Will avoid 7th/8th July and will let you know time, date etc once we have decided.

Regards Linda & Keith
Linda have sent you a pm
Janet
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:09 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello
just thought i would bump this up again, any suggestions on dates or venues yet???
jenny
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy170773
hello
just thought i would bump this up again, any suggestions on dates or venues yet???
jenny
Happy to travel up but have to work around hubbies shift pattern. Cant make any suggestions but as long as its easy to find.

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi All!

Welcome to Derek & Anna, good luck with all the sorting out etc. We are not too far from you guy's in Copacabana and look forward to meeting you. Don't know how far you've got, but if you want a reccommendation for a good GP in Terrigal we see Janet Drewitt-Smith at Terrigal Health Centre and she is excellent. Thanks Janet for bumping the last thread as I'd of missed this otherwise, though Jo would have filled me in soon!

We are up for a meet up Newcastle way but have no idea where, but like Jo don't mind as long as we can find it. Just let us know, at the mo we have no preferences for dates in July. Would be nice to see everyone again and meet up with a few "northerners" as would like to know a bit more about Newcastle & surround.

Will keep an eye on this thread for final dates etc, see you all soon-ish,

Love Jo, Steve & Maya
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Hi All!

Welcome to Derek & Anna, good luck with all the sorting out etc. We are not too far from you guy's in Copacabana and look forward to meeting you. Don't know how far you've got, but if you want a reccommendation for a good GP in Terrigal we see Janet Drewitt-Smith at Terrigal Health Centre and she is excellent. Thanks Janet for bumping the last thread as I'd of missed this otherwise, though Jo would have filled me in soon!

We are up for a meet up Newcastle way but have no idea where, but like Jo don't mind as long as we can find it. Just let us know, at the mo we have no preferences for dates in July. Would be nice to see everyone again and meet up with a few "northerners" as would like to know a bit more about Newcastle & surround.

Will keep an eye on this thread for final dates etc, see you all soon-ish,

Love Jo, Steve & Maya
Hi Jo, Linda and Keith are going to have a look at a couple of places next week so she will be posting soon,hows the baby doing regards
Janet
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone
Thanks for all the welcoming comments, its much appreciated. We are still house hunting but are now narrowing it down and viewed a very promising house today in Avoca Beach. Back tomorrow for a check around and measure up!! The agents know what to expect from us now!! They are puzzled by us as their previous experience of Brits is to rush in quickly? I was really surprised by this comment!
Anyway all being well we will be pleased to meet you all either at the meet or the coffee shop where ever. There is a lovely one in Avoca Beach near the Post Office - super coffee. I can just see me collecting the paper then a coffee and then .....well there is a swim or a walk or the cinema. I have not been to a matinee for years! Its seems a nice little resort with a heart, a focal point to it. I think we are getting there, just a house and some kind of Medical Insurance to sort out now.
Regards to all
Derek and Anna
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Jo, Linda and Keith are going to have a look at a couple of places next week so she will be posting soon,hows the baby doing regards
Janet
Hi Janet,

She's growing fast and has changed so much in such a short time. She's very happy though and is now smiling and laughing properly and is very cute. Sleeping longer at night (hooray) and putting on weight well. We are really enjoying her and can't quite believe she's ours though at the same time can't remember life without her! Can you tell we are smitten with her?!!

Hope all is well with you guy's, see you soon,

Love Jo, Steve & Maya x
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DerekM
Hello Everyone
Thanks for all the welcoming comments, its much appreciated. We are still house hunting but are now narrowing it down and viewed a very promising house today in Avoca Beach. Back tomorrow for a check around and measure up!! The agents know what to expect from us now!! They are puzzled by us as their previous experience of Brits is to rush in quickly? I was really surprised by this comment!
Anyway all being well we will be pleased to meet you all either at the meet or the coffee shop where ever. There is a lovely one in Avoca Beach near the Post Office - super coffee. I can just see me collecting the paper then a coffee and then .....well there is a swim or a walk or the cinema. I have not been to a matinee for years! Its seems a nice little resort with a heart, a focal point to it. I think we are getting there, just a house and some kind of Medical Insurance to sort out now.
Regards to all
Derek and Anna
Oooh, we love Avoca. Rented there for 6 months, 3 bed house on The Round Drive and loved it. Used to jog a couple of laps round there daily, not for a long time now though, got all lazy! The pizza/pasta place does great pizza's and the Thai is yummy too, oh I do miss being walking distance to the restaurants, one thing we don't have in Copa. Avoca Beach is also my fave beach, and as soon as summer is here that's where I'll be, except this year will be in the rock pool with the baby, wallowing about and getting a tan I hope.
Last year we also saw dolphins come right in close at Avoca on a few occasions so keep an eye out. Plus it's whale watching season again and Steve and I dapped up to captain Cook Lookout in Copa on Sunday and saw 3 whales, would have been more if we'd stayed I think but we were off to lunch with friends. Don't think we'll ever get used to nipping down the road and spotting a few whales or dolphins, can't quite believe it as I write it!
Not sure about Brits rushing in but we were pressured by Ray Shite (sorry, White!) to buy property when we started looking, basically wanted to show us what they couldn't sell, but we weren't in a hurry either. Can reccommend Roy at George Brand Avoca, very helpful, no pressure and we found Hunters, now Raine & Horne, good too. Still, it's the house that's important and you don't have to deal with the estate agents for long anyway, especially as the process is so fast here. Good luck with the house and negotiate - alot of the houses on sale now were on the market over a year ago when we were looking (we looked at alot too!). I still like to look in all the windows and read the real estate magazines, dreaming of a couple of million house with a very large pool, on the beach..........

PM me if I can help with any info, all the best,

Jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.