Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast/Newcastle-Best location for Fitter/Machinist and young family?

Central Coast/Newcastle-Best location for Fitter/Machinist and young family?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

CharlieCorbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Central Coast/Newcastle-Best location for Fitter/Machinist and young family?

Hi,
We've got our visa's through and are heading for Oz in January 2008. We've got family in the Northern Beaches area so will be based with them to start off with. It's a lovely area round there but I think it's a bit over our budget. When we visited them 2 years ago, we drove up and had a look at the Central Coast and I've read lots of reviews on here about that area, and also we went to Port Stephens and I've been reading about area's near there on this website too. It's a great website! What I'm struggling to find is information on prospective employers in either of those areas. I was wondering if we'd be best based close to Newcastle area with my husbands work as a Fitter/Machinist. The other considerations are, we have a young family 2 children ages 6 and 4, a cat and a labradoodle so we need somewhere with good schools and good rentals with pets! Can anyone help please, I feel like I'm going round in circles!
Thank you