Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast Meet Ups

Central Coast Meet Ups

Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

redkev1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Central Coast Meet Ups

Where do all the pommies meet up on the Central Coast? We live in Davistown, been here for 3 years and it gets even better every day.

We are interested in widening our circle of friends, we have 2 sons 9 & 10 and would like to know a few more people from back home who like to have a bit of a laugh, most of our friends are all Australian (which is not a bad thing).

We lived over the UK before moving here, mainly in Derby and Barnstaple, I grew up in Ireland my wife Harlow.

Last edited by redkev1234; Jun 9th 2007 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Coast Meet Ups

Barnstaple's lovely, I used to work in Tiverton, not too far away.
My Aussie geography is not very good yet, but would this meet be any good for you -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453508
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by redkev1234
Where do all the pommies meet up on the Central Coast? We live in Davistown, been here for 3 years and it gets even better every day.

We are interested in widening our circle of friends, we have 2 sons 9 & 10 and would like to know a few more people from back home who like to have a bit of a laugh, most of our friends are all Australian (which is not a bad thing).

We lived over the UK before moving here, mainly in Derby and Barnstaple, I grew up in Ireland my wife Harlow.
Well it is such a small world! My husband and I came from Devon, arriving as contributory parents in January!! We lived just 3.5 miles out of Torrington, in Langtree and I worked at a surgery in Bideford for four years.

We too are enjoying it here (at least until the storms hit at the weekend) hope you are o.k..

We are arranging a meet-up for Central Coast/Newcastle expats and I have
booked some tables at The Gunya Hotel at Belmont for Saturday 14th July at 1 p.m. to allow for those of you who have youngsters - they need to meet new friends too eh? - There is a Bistro there and you can buy food if you want to or not whatever suits. Hope we might meet there - presuming the devastation from the floods etc has been cleared by then - will keep you posted.

Regards Linda and Keith
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the invite we will check my wifes shifts for that day on Tuesday and all going well we will be there.

One of our best friends hailed from Torrington, we lived in Newport although I worked from Bristol to Weymouth to Lands End, we loved to South West it is a great spot.

It certainly is a small world, I met up with someone a little while ago to do with business in Gosford and it turned out my dad built an extension on their house in the village i grew up in Ireland...hows that!

All the floods have receded, we were lucky the water was almost to our house, we live very close to the water so was a close call, I have sandbagged all the doors which I will leave in place till tomorrow just in case, the power came back on late last night, we have a small generator so we had
managed to keep the beer fridge and tv going!

All going well see you all on the 14th.

Kev
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by esperanza
Barnstaple's lovely, I used to work in Tiverton, not too far away.
My Aussie geography is not very good yet, but would this meet be any good for you -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453508
Thanks for the info, we will try and come along, are you going?

Tiverton is a nice spot, I had a few friends there, not sure how long you have been here but they have built lots of new houses there now.