Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Central Coast Info?

Central Coast Info?

Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Boo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really nice
Red face Central Coast Info?

Hello all,

Been reading the posts on here for a few months and have found all the info (and humour) very realistic and helpful - thanks!

Was wondering what anyone can tell me about central coast NSW as I'm hoping to make the move next year and I'll be working either in Sydney or Gosford area (the job I do will involve 'a region'). I've visited before and really liked Bateau Bay / Killarney but not having worked there I'm not sure this will work I've heard commuting anywhere in that area is a nightmare...can anybody put me right???

Thanks all!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Coast Info?

Commuting is only a nightmare if you live on the central coast but have to work in Sydney. Having said that, loads of people do it. Somehow...

If you get the chance to live and work on the Central Coast - take it. You will have the advantage of living in a beautiful area with reasonably priced housing without the horrendous commute.

If you have to work in Sydney - then I'd recommend you live in Sydney.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:37 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Nicky. I live and work in Terrigal (my office is about 5 steps from my office). Working in Sydney would be a nightmare for me with it being around 2 hours door to door. I go to Sydney from time to time driving or by train and its okay on an infrequent basis. I know folks do the commute but it can't be pleasant.

Central Coast itself is to me a very likable area. Sand, Sea and some sleepy and some more happening sea side towns around.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Boo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really niceBoo2008 is just really nice

Thanks guys,

Thats good to know...I'm really set on that area - was looking at Terrigal too actually !
With a lot of jobs I guess there's the temptation to get the one with the most money - sydney. I'm hoping for a slower pace all in all so maybe a more local job!

Happy days - ta for the reply!

Boo
xx
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

We just moved into the area in December. OH is making the commute to Sydney. He thinks it's worth it for the lifestyle for the family. I've talked with many locals who have done the commute for years. It's possible to do it and the trains are not crowded according to OH.

Catherine
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiger222
We just moved into the area in December. OH is making the commute to Sydney. He thinks it's worth it for the lifestyle for the family. I've talked with many locals who have done the commute for years. It's possible to do it and the trains are not crowded according to OH.

Catherine

Hey Catherine,

Thanks for the reply. So how are you finding it? Are you in quite a quiet spot? You make a good point about what you think is worth the lifestyle you want... I guess everyone is different and if someone offered me a job in sydney and a house on the central coast tomorrow I'd take it!

Boo
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boo2008
Hey Catherine,

Thanks for the reply. So how are you finding it? Are you in quite a quiet spot? You make a good point about what you think is worth the lifestyle you want... I guess everyone is different and if someone offered me a job in sydney and a house on the central coast tomorrow I'd take it!

Boo
We are in Macmasters Beach. It's very lovely. Many people chose to vacation here and call it "perfect" but we get to live here in this perfect place. We are across the street from a lake and just 800 meters from the ocean/beach. There is national parkland just up the hill from us.

Shops are a bit of a drive to Kincumber, or further to Gosford or Erina. We wanted a neighborhood for the children.

Now I just have to decide what to do about schools - private or public and we're all set.

PM me if you'd like to meet up.

Catherine
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Will do Catherine - thanks!

Boo