Reload this Page >

Central Coast - Areas to live

Central Coast - Areas to live

Old Oct 27th 2019, 3:47 am
Just Joined

elbow271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Central Coast - Areas to live

Hey Guys
Looking at moving to central coast - close enough to commute to Sydney for work and areas close-by.
Not sure what areas to go - we need a garden and 2 beds, no kids. Looking at WoyWoy/Umina beach - both by the train line and near the sea, both fairy essential. BUT, price is important so only looking at say $5/600 PW rent

Does anyone have any tips for those or close by areas or at least advise on whether they're nice areas? We just need easy going areas, maybe a few cafes and places to chill out away from the city.
Any ideas would be massively helpful - most info out there seems a few yrs old now

Last edited by elbow271; Oct 27th 2019 at 3:51 am.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Coast - Areas to live

Originally Posted by elbow271
Hey Guys
Looking at moving to central coast - close enough to commute to Sydney for work and areas close-by.
Not sure what areas to go - we need a garden and 2 beds, no kids. Looking at WoyWoy/Umina beach - both by the train line and near the sea, both fairy essential. BUT, price is important so only looking at say $5/600 PW rent

Does anyone have any tips for those or close by areas or at least advise on whether they're nice areas? We just need easy going areas, maybe a few cafes and places to chill out away from the city.
Any ideas would be massively helpful - most info out there seems a few yrs old now
Some areas of the central coast are lovely. Some are terrible. I can tell you the lovely ones (Pearl, McMasters, Copacabana, Avoca Beaches). Not easy to get to the station from those either.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Hey Beoz

Yeah Pearl is a great suggestion too - Some of the others are probably too expensive right now
Old Oct 29th 2019, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Beoz

Yeah Pearl is a great suggestion too - Some of the others are probably too expensive right now
You get what you pay for.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

PittwaterPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at moving to central coast - close enough to commute to Sydney for work and areas close-by
Hello

I know quite a few people (about 7) that live in Terrigal and they love it. They say it feels like you are permanently at a seaside resort town and on holiday, as it is a very relaxed laid-back lifestyle.

It is about a 20 minute drive from Terrigal to the train station at Gosford. They all commute to Sydney CBD every day - some drive and some catch the train.

I also know people who live in the following areas : Avoca, Copacabana, Killcare, Macmasters Beach, Pearl Beach, Wamberal, Tumbi Umbi, Kincumber and Holgate. They all commute every day to the CBD too. Some drive and some take the train, and one particularly crazy man actually cycles.

Some months ago I looked at a really lovely rental in Terrigal. It was a massive five bedroomed house with a large garden and swimming pool for $600 a week. Also viewed a place with the most magnificent view of a nearby coastline and beach for $400 per week. So certainly nice places reasonably priced up there.

Last edited by PittwaterPrincess; Nov 30th 2019 at 2:08 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 30th 2019, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess
So certainly nice places reasonably priced up there.
If you have a look on realestate.com.au - you will find loads of places to suit your budget. I have just seen a really nice unit in Narara, for $350.00 a week. And a lovely place in Green Point (with a beautiful view over Brisbane Waters) for $570.00 a week. I would personally avoid Wyong and Gosford. Both are (in my opinion only of course) absolute dumps and I hate going to either for any reason
Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:01 am
Just Joined

hey thanks for all the pointers - we were thinking of Umina beach possibly, near WoyWoy (train into CBD) - Really grateful for your lengthy answer, its much appreciated
Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

we were thinking of Umina beach possibly, near WoyWoy (train into CBD) -
You can get some very cheap, but still nice rentals in Umina Beach.

Wiseberry Real Estate is a good starting point for Central Coast rentals

There is a really nice organic cafe in Woy Woy called Soulfood Cafe and Grocer - great coffee and food. And there is a very popular restaurant called Fishermans Wharf there too. Or if you want to go a bit upmarket, then try Pearls on the Beach restaurant in Pearls Beach.

All in all you have chosen a good place to live, with an easy commute into the Sydney CBD.

Good luck with it all

Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess
You can get some very cheap, but still nice rentals in Umina Beach.

Wiseberry Real Estate is a good starting point for Central Coast rentals

There is a really nice organic cafe in Woy Woy called Soulfood Cafe and Grocer - great coffee and food. And there is a very popular restaurant called Fishermans Wharf there too. Or if you want to go a bit upmarket, then try Pearls on the Beach restaurant in Pearls Beach.

All in all you have chosen a good place to live, with an easy commute into the Sydney CBD.

Good luck with it all

YOU are amazing - thank you!!
Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

YOU are amazing
I KNOW............lol

But nice of you to say regardless

Especially as most people consider me to be an argumentative bitch !!!

I am NOT.

But I do call a spade a spade ......which gets me into more trouble than you can possibly imagine.

( I have replied to your PM too )

Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Actually having an opinion about things is a little unsettling for some people. They really dont like it. I like to be different, think and act. It makes ppl react, Not your problem really, is it
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

Actually having an opinion about things is a little unsettling for some people. They really dont like it. I like to be different, think and act. It makes ppl react, Not your problem really, is it
My opinion of the Central Coast is that it is a dump.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
My opinion of the Central Coast is that it is a dump.
well i guess thats ur opinion, we all have them. I hear from friends its pretty awesome. If you have any other suggestions s to where might be a good place to live in NSW, im all ears!
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

well i guess thats ur opinion, we all have them. I hear from friends its pretty awesome. If you have any other suggestions s to where might be a good place to live in NSW, im all ears!
If you are working in Sydney CBD, pretty much a flat in the Northern Beaches is the only option on your low budget. You can catch the ferry to work.
Are you sure you need a garden? Gardening is not pleasant here, like it is in England.
Maintaining a garden here is brutal and expensive, you will curse yourself every weekend you have to mow the lawn at 38c.
A balcony with some container plants is a better option.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
If you are working in Sydney CBD, pretty much a flat in the Northern Beaches is the only option on your low budget. You can catch the ferry to work.
Are you sure you need a garden? Gardening is not pleasant here, like it is in England.
Maintaining a garden here is brutal and expensive, you will curse yourself every weekend you have to mow the lawn at 38c.
A balcony with some container plants is a better option.
I can't really comment on the money part as people equip themselves differently, but my little patch of garden 9 km from the city and 5 mins to the beach, which started life as a patch of barren dirt is now thriving, even in the drought riddled times. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier but on the back of new water restriction laws coming this week I set up an irrigation system relatively cheaply with all the bits from Bunnings. Its either a watering can or drip irrigation system from tomorrow

I was going to go the cheapo lot ordered in from China which you can pick up for about $30 for about 30 metres of the main piping with all the extra smaller pipes. elbows, drippers, etc, but I wasn't sure on the quality, and if I need extra bits, such as piping elbows, I can get back to Bunnings. Pop in a time, set it for 15 minutes a day, job done.

Sydney and the Central Coast doesn't see too many 38 degree days, especially if you are living near the coast, so just don't garden on those odd days. (bit of an exaggeration on your behalf I guess).

Last edited by Beoz; Dec 8th 2019 at 10:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.