Central Coast

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future
Question Central Coast

Can anybody let me know what the central coast in New South Wales is like. We were thinking of moving there but friends are there at the moment and they say its very run down and derelict, which has put me off now.

Are there any other areas around Sydney that are nice but not too expensive?
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Coast

The Central Coast is a very big area. The centre of Gosford is a bit grotty (best shopping is in the large malls), some cheaper parts are pretty much just boring suburbia, but some bits are absolutely stunning. There are some lovely areas up there with gorgous beaches and good shopping centres.

Derelict is not a word I'd use to describe it. What areas of the Central Coast are you looking at?
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cybie
Can anybody let me know what the central coast in New South Wales is like. We were thinking of moving there but friends are there at the moment and they say its very run down and derelict, which has put me off now.

Are there any other areas around Sydney that are nice but not too expensive?
Have you looked at the real estate market up there? Places like Terrigal, Avoca all by the beach are lovely and so is Kilcare amongst others. There are some really attractive places around the Brisbane Waters and even inland a bit there are really nice houses. what part of the CC are you talking about? There are quite a few people on this forum from that way and once you give a bit more detail I am sure they will comment!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Not sure what part of the central coast they went to. They are still there now so I will try and find out.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:28 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cybie
Not sure what part of the central coast they went to. They are still there now so I will try and find out.

I too am thinking about the central coasts area, lots of work great housing it would be great to hear from people who are already out there living in that area!!!

Justin
Old Nov 25th 2006, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Umina Beach and love it here. First impression can sometimes give people the impression that it is run down and some areas are. But mostly a lot of houses are still older style. Terrigal and Avoca are the most popular areas for ex-pats to go to, it depends on what you want. I didn't want to live in Terrigal as it is heavy on nightlife and we have lots of family here. In every area there are rough parts and good parts and drugs and lots of other things. But you get drugs even in the nicer areas too. Havent had any problems myself. A lot of places are bought up by Sydney siders as holiday homes, so if its good enough for them

Jo
Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:41 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

The stunning coastal scenery and bush and birdlife make up for any 'run down' areas. Believe me.

Umina isn't pretty for a town but Ettalong has nice trees and so it is; Yarramalong is a slice of country but there aren't really 'villages' in Aus so don't go looking for that 'intimate' villagey feel because suburbs tend to mingle a bit and sprawl.

Gosford is an odd place and really just a service town, but Erina Fair is a fantastic shopping place - all you need there. Best in the area and even has an ice rink!

For me Australia has the natural stuff in spades; the manmade stuff (except Sydney which I love) I can take or leave.

Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mumomonty]

Umina isn't pretty for a town

This is true, but the town bit is just one street. My eldest son lives on the hill behind the town and it is heaven. I love having breakfast on the deck whilst looking over Brisbane Water. I think I'm the only one in Paradise.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Gibbo]
Originally Posted by mumomonty

Umina isn't pretty for a town

This is true, but the town bit is just one street. My eldest son lives on the hill behind the town and it is heaven. I love having breakfast on the deck whilst looking over Brisbane Water. I think I'm the only one in Paradise.

Hope your not perving at me below

Jo
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:50 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

We're also concidering Avoca and Terrigal, could anyone comment on the schools there. We have 2 girls 6 & 14 yrs.

Cheers
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

InBetween is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
We're also concidering Avoca and Terrigal, could anyone comment on the schools there. We have 2 girls 6 & 14 yrs.

Cheers
We are also heading to the Central Coast - and like you, we have 2 girls , although ours are still very young - this is what we have dug up on the local schools - you may need to change the post code, it is set for Avoca. (to find post codes go to australiapost.com.au)
http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/school...ode&pcode=2260