Wikiposts

Census online?

Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Census online?

Has anyone managed to do the census online? I tried lots of times but it was so busy it wouldn't go to the second page and kept timing me out. Resorted to filling in the form the old fashioned way and have had to request an envelope.

Just wondered if anyone had managed to get through?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:45 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Census online?

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Has anyone managed to do the census online? I tried lots of times but it was so busy it wouldn't go to the second page and kept timing me out. Resorted to filling in the form the old fashioned way and have had to request an envelope.

Just finished it....60 questions, 10 minutes
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:00 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Sue

As one of my area's Census collectors I have been advised to suggest to "customers" not to try to access the site this evening but leave it for a day or so. You have a good 2 weeks to complete this.

Probably in anticipation of the rush tonight, they opened the website some days ago to allow online completion which actually defeats the whole meaning of the Census at midnight tonight...... but who's complaining!

As a poster has said on the other Census thread - they would probably rather have the info early than not at all.

As a collector, I am keeping everything crossed that the site doesn't crash tonight as each online one means one less to pick up at the door.

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I did the whole thing for 3 people in less than 10 minutes online last week.

I'd like to report a curious little drama that proves that Australia's scheme is in someway backward or representative of an ailing nation but it all went well and I did not waste too much time on it.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We just did it online without a problem.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

We just completed ours, 6 people without a hitch. Was thrown for a couple of seconds when the "Where did you live 5 years ago?" question didn't appear for our 3 year old daughter I probably would have filled that out on the paper form :doh:

Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:18 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
As a poster has said on the other Census thread - they would probably rather have the info early than not at all.
But you might have ot suffer the wrath of your census collector if he ever finds out
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:25 pm
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Hi, yes I managed to get it done but I cheated...did it a few days early. There's lots of questions to complete but after doing it for the first person I got the hang of it so it wasn't too bad.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:39 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My dad was faffing about with the paper version, so I wrestled it from his grip and did the whole thing online for five of us in about 10 minutes flat. Whole process was well thought-out and painless.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:47 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Yep done it, too easy!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
We just completed ours, 6 people without a hitch. Was thrown for a couple of seconds when the "Where did you live 5 years ago?" question didn't appear for our 3 year old daughter I probably would have filled that out on the paper form :doh:

I was very impressed when it removed questions like that. A piece of cake
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:26 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Whole process was well thought-out and painless.
For a government agency that would be a pleasent change. And allows more drinking time.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:29 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Sue

As one of my area's Census collectors I have been advised to suggest to "customers" not to try to access the site this evening but leave it for a day or so. You have a good 2 weeks to complete this.

Probably in anticipation of the rush tonight, they opened the website some days ago to allow online completion which actually defeats the whole meaning of the Census at midnight tonight...... but who's complaining!

As a collector, I am keeping everything crossed that the site doesn't crash tonight as each online one means one less to pick up at the door.

Regards

Jim
Will probably have the collated infomation ready just in time for the next one in five years.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:32 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Will probably have the collated infomation ready just in time for the next one in five years.
So pessimistic...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
So pessimistic...

Not used to the way us Aussies do things yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.